My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

ITVBe+1

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Christina2018

special member

Hello,

I hope someone can help me. I recorded a programme on ITVBe+1 last night at 10pm on my 5000t but the recording is just black and said at the top something along of the lines of 'no programme was broadcast at this time'.
    Can anyone explain what went wrong? It clearly listed the programme in the EPG (that's how I set it to record).

Christina

| Thu 1 Nov 2018 10:49:32 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Perhaps it wasn't transmitted for some reason.

| Thu 1 Nov 2018 11:52:08 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Christina2018

special member

Yes that's all I can assume but I don't watch that channel much (I only recorded on the +1 as I already had too many recordings on at once at 9pm) so I wondered if anyone else had experienced problems with it or if it's my box or the greater Freeview community as a whole.

| Thu 1 Nov 2018 12:46:38 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Christina2018 - 16 minutes ago  » 
    Yes that's all I can assume but I don't watch that channel much (I only recorded on the +1 as I already had too many recordings on at once at 9pm) so I wondered if anyone else had experienced problems with it or if it's my box or the greater Freeview community as a whole.

Very unusual to run out of tuners. If you record from the HD mux. (channels 101-105) a single tuner can record up to 2 (even recording 4 at once only uses 3 tuners). leaving you 3 spare.

| Thu 1 Nov 2018 13:06:00 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Christina2018

special member

I was recording BBC1, ITV1, Channel 5 or ITV2 (I forget but know it was one of them) and Dave.

I know that BBC and ITV use different Multiplexes so assumed the HD channels would be the same as those.

| Thu 1 Nov 2018 13:09:55 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Christina2018 - 5 minutes ago  » 
    I was recording BBC1, ITV1, Channel 5 or ITV2 (I forget but know it was one of them) and Dave.
    I know that BBC and ITV use different Multiplexes so assumed the HD channels would be the same as those.

If you recorded BBC 1HD (101), ITV-HD (103) and Channel 5-HD (105) it would only use two tuners leaving you one for ITV-B without needing the +1 channel.

| Thu 1 Nov 2018 13:18:00 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Christina2018 - 10 minutes ago  » 

All 5 of the PSB HD channels are on PSB3.

eg

https://ukfree.tv/transmitters/tv/Sutton_Coldfield

You can actually record 4 of them using a dodge. Instead of setting a recording for the 5th set a reminder. This switches to the 5th channel and records from that point to the time shift buffer. Once one recording finishes press the instant record button to completely record the channel you are watching.

| Thu 1 Nov 2018 13:24:55 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Christina2018

special member

Thanks for your help and suggestions. I've had a look and it appears that ITVBe+1 only broadcasts programmes for a couple of hours in the morning. Why it's therefore showing programmes all evening I do not know, but I'll avoid it from now on.

| Sun 4 Nov 2018 16:01:19 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.