My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

Jumping picture

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Outbackannie

I have recently changed the aerial on my you view box (old & new both indoor) and now my picture keeps jumping so I miss whole phrases & it's very irritating!
    Does anyone have any suggestions on what I could do to stop this happening. Please? BTW what is really annoying is that the old aerial was the cheapest I could find at the time & worked perfectly

| Sat 19 Oct 2013 19:23:54 #1 |
  2. Wallace

Wallace

special member

Begs the question, why did you change it?

Usually, a rooftop aerial is the best option to go for, but I guess you would know that already.

Assuming the 'old' aerial failed in some way, could you not get the same type again?

Have you checked all the connections? Is it a direct cable from the aerial to the box or via splitters etc? If the latter, could they have gone faulty? It only take a single strand of the shield wire to touch the centre conductor to cause problems.

| Sat 19 Oct 2013 20:23:54 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Outbackannie

I changed it because it broke not just on a whim - it's a direct cable but thanks for your reply

| Sun 20 Oct 2013 8:03:01 #3 |
  4. Wallace

Wallace

special member

Hope you don't think I was being flippant. You obviously wouldn't change it for changes sake.

When you say the picture is jumping, you mean the whole picture or does the picture break up with small boxes appearing (pixellation)with sound issues too?

Does this happen if you connect the aerial directly into the TV (bypassing the YouView box)?

It is very coincidental to happen when you have replaced the aerial. Perhaps the new one has a lower gain. If the connections remain unchanged (assuming you simply unplugged to old and plugged in the new), then you could try a signal booster.

I am not familiar with YouView boxes. Does it have an option within a menu to tell you signal strength and quality? If so you could check there and report back. I know the Humax HDR FoxT2 has.

| Sun 20 Oct 2013 10:07:12 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.