My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

JVC LT-40C790

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Georgypan

I have just bought a new TV, a JVC. It works perfectly until connected to my Humax box, but then the picture looks faded as if I'm watching through gauze. No amount of juggling with the TV settings makes any difference and the Humax box doesn't have picture settings since it doesn't have a screen. Does anyone have suggestions as to what could be wrong or are the two devices just incompatible? My previous TV, a Sony Bravia, worked perfectly with the Humax box.

| Mon 2 Sep 2019 16:12:09 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Georgypan - 2 hours ago  » 
    I have just bought a new TV, a JVC. It works perfectly until connected to my Humax box, but then the picture looks faded as if I'm watching through gauze. No amount of juggling with the TV settings makes any difference and the Humax box doesn't have picture settings since it doesn't have a screen.

The Humax does have some picture related options. Whilst watching via the Humax press the plus ("+") button on the Humax remote and try different picture resolutions. I would be surprised if the Humax and the TV were incompatible. You might try asking the company that sold you the TV for some advice.

| Mon 2 Sep 2019 18:43:40 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Georgypan

Thank you Martin. I'll try that and see what happens. I bought the TV from Currys in the UK so if all else fails I'll ask there.

| Mon 2 Sep 2019 20:29:04 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Georgypan

I've tried the + button but all that happens is that a yellow circle with a bar through it appears on the top right of the screen. The same thing happens when I try to record. I can get to the setting screen by pressing the Freeview button on the Humax remote control but none of those give picture related options.

| Mon 2 Sep 2019 20:54:09 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

groover22

Press the 'Freeview' button on the remote, then 'Settings', then 'General Settings', then 'Video' (Third option down), then 'Resolution' (again, third option down) and adjust the resolution. (Can't see that being the problem, but you never know).

Pressing the + button should bring up an options box (whilst you're just watching live tv).

Try a different HDMI cable to rule that out, then if no change it might be worth doing a factory reset and see if that fixes it. (Especially as it seems the box won't record..)

Are you using the original remote?

| Tue 3 Sep 2019 10:54:41 #5 |
  6. Trev

Trev

special member

Presumably you have tried the 'switch it off at the wall' reset?
    Surprising how many peeps don't try that and surprising how many times it fixes the 'fault'.

| Tue 3 Sep 2019 18:30:26 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Georgypan

I'm embarrassed to admit that the old "switch it off at the wall" trick was the thing I'd forgotten to try. Needless to say it worked. Thank you so much Trev. I was thinking I'd have to return my new TV. Thank you everyone for your advice.

| Tue 3 Sep 2019 19:22:18 #7 |
  8. Trev

Trev

special member

Now where's that "shakes head with dismay" emoicon.

| Wed 4 Sep 2019 8:26:19 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Georgypan

Oh I know! :oops:

| Wed 4 Sep 2019 10:16:18 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.