My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

Lack of channels

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

lyppy

I bought my T1010 2 weeks ago to replace my old Humax which died. I hate it. With my old box I got every freeview channel, even London Live. Now I have less than half and on many if them the interference is so bad I can't watch it.
    Firstly, I don't understand his a brand new box can't pick up channels that a box over 19 years, and the same make picked up.
    Secondly, we have a T1010 in the lounge which works perfectly.

FYI, I bought a plug thingy so I could connect to the internet and I have no problems with the on demand services.
    I have tried switching boxes, still have the problem.
    I have an outside aerial, plus in my loft (which I haven't and will never go into!) there is a box which has all the aerials plugged into - 3 bed house and lounge all with an aerial, and this is all intact.
    The box is not in a cabinet and has plenty of space and air around it.

Any ideas how I can get a better signal? Is there anything I can buy, like some kind of booster or indoor aerial?

Many thanks for any help and advice.

| Fri 11 Jul 2014 23:18:37 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

Not too sure about the 19 years, did we even have colour TV then?

Anyway if you've switched boxes, I assume you mean you plugged the the new T1010 into the lounge aerial, factory reset or retuned and it worked perfectly? and presumably the one from the lounge also had the bad signal where you were trying to use the new T1010.
    If this is the case then the problem clearly lies with the aerial distribution and not with the boxes. If you're saying that the new T1010 suffers in the lounge and the older T1010 works fine where you where trying to use the new T1010 then the problem is clearly with the new T1010 and you should return it and/or contact Humax support

If it's an aerial problem then check the cables. Swap the aerial leads around, the 'fly-lead' that goes from the aerial socket on the wall to the aerial socket in the back of the box to see if it's a problem with the fly-lead. If not then I'd suggest getting a TV aerial person round, I'm sure they'll be happier going in the loft rather than on the roof to check the connections between the loft distribution box and rooms.

I can't imagine an indoor aerial being satisfactory and a booster would just boost the problem, not solve it. It's likely to be something really simple like a poor connection between the loft and room and even more likely to be the connection in the loft to the distribution box or the connection in the aerial wall socket in the room

| Fri 11 Jul 2014 23:45:38 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

lyppy

Haha, I meant 10 years!

Thanks for replying. You've summed everything up right! A friend of mine is going to have a look at the connections in the loft for me and have a general look. Just seems weird that the ok'd box worked and the new one doesn't!

Thanks for the advice

| Sat 12 Jul 2014 12:28:50 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Do you have a masthead amp? Perhaps it has stopped working or perhaps the transformer has gone.

Damian - We have had colour TV for over 40 years.
    The first regular color broadcasts in Europe were by the United Kingdom's BBC2 beginning on July 1, 1967 (PAL).

| Sat 12 Jul 2014 13:14:22 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

lyppy

No I don't have a masthead amp I don't think

| Sat 12 Jul 2014 20:48:57 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.