My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Latest software?

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

landsker

I have a just purchased, directly from Humax, a Foxsat HDR which has been giving problems freezing up in the Channel guide mode.
    I have contacted Humax who have suggested that I perform a manual update using a flash drive to initiate the downloaded update.
    This I have done and the software is showing as HPRFCI 1.00.21, with a loader version of U7.54.
    According to the information on the diagnostics screen this update was dated 27th. July 2012, although in an email from support on the 27th February 2013 this was said,and I quote:-
    "We have recognised several issues with this particular model and within the coming week, week beginning 3/3/2013 we are planning on releasing an update to resolve these including those that which you are describing."
    How can this be right if the most up to date version on my box is from July 2012?

| Wed 20 Mar 2013 12:49:58 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

A new firmware will undertake testing before it's released. The date on the file is the date it was compiled, not the date it passed acceptance testing. If you access the guide by pressing the schedule button on the remote followed by the red button it should appear almost instantly. Not aware of any ongoing problems with the Foxsat-hdr running 1.0.21 which is the latest release.

| Wed 20 Mar 2013 13:08:09 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I rather think the reply may have referred to the HDR-1000S.

Have you tried a freesat tune or a factory reset?

| Wed 20 Mar 2013 14:14:30 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

landsker

Does a factory re-set involve losing recorded stuff and other preferences?
    Will routine updates be needed again - I saw a smart hub update install a couple of days ago?

| Thu 21 Mar 2013 11:41:45 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Reset doesn't affect recordings. It will delete your recording schedule so make a note of it. It resets user preferences to defaults so any you have changed will need re-doing (box volume for instance).

If you have added non-freesat channels you will have to retune these.

Unless a problem creeps in from say a change in the Freesat epg then it's unlikely any more updates will be produced. Only maintenance updates required to keep the box working are promised. No new features.

| Thu 21 Mar 2013 11:53:44 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

landsker

Thanks for the information

| Thu 21 Mar 2013 14:43:03 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.