My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Linking HDD with laptop

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

LEON51

I have both SAMBA and FVP Server set to "On". The folder displays on my laptop and the recordings display on the HDD. But the display of recordings does not happen all the time. It is sporadic. Should I have SAMBA and FTP server switched on together or just either one? Thanks.

| Fri 28 Apr 2023 23:46:36 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

LEON51

I now have display of HDD recordings on MediaPlayer rather than in Humax folder on my laptop. As MediaPlayer does not store any recordings these must be somewhere on my laptop's HDD but where?

| Sun 30 Apr 2023 15:39:32 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

LEON51 - 56 mins ago  » 
    I now have display of HDD recordings on MediaPlayer rather than in Humax folder on my laptop. As MediaPlayer does not store any recordings these must be somewhere on my laptop's HDD but where?

If you re looking at them via MediaPlayer then you will be connected to the DLNA server on the Humax and you will be streaming the content from the Humax. With the right client the SD content can be captured and stored on the PC. If you have Windows 10 then a suitable client is already installed and I believe that the same client is available on Windows 11 but by default is not activated.

| Sun 30 Apr 2023 16:39:50 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

LEON51

Not possible to have right click on media player display of recordings in order to send recordings to external drive. Should only one server be set to on rather than both?

| Wed 3 May 2023 18:40:57 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.