My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

List / Favourites

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

jbaker

Hello,

I've built a favourites list (on favourites list 1) but the list button always goes to "most used" favourites. How do I force it to use a particular list by default, without having to select it when I've pressed list?

John

| Fri 30 Dec 2011 12:01:20 #1 |
  2. myhumax

myhumax

senior admin

After selecting the favourite list using the green button you actually need to select it (ok) and then go into it (ok again) to make it stick.

Remember this FAQ: http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/favorite-list-are-not-reflected-in-the-epg

| Fri 30 Dec 2011 17:25:31 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

machiavelli

I also am interested in the issue raised here, but have been unable to utilise the solution given by son_t - I have more than one list and would like to start with list 1, rather than Auto, list 2 etc, so I can cyle through more easily if necessary. Will keep trying, but any suggestions gratefully received.

As I only have one LNB and cable for Astra 2 at present, I have created four favourite lists (1 - Low Frequency, H(orizontal polarisation); 2 - Low Frequency, V(ertical polarisation);3 - High Frequency, H(orizontal polarisation);4 - High Frequency, V(ertical polarisation. This allows me to see at a glance which programmes I can watch/ record simultaneously as only one of these transmission characteristics can be detected by a single LNB at any one time.

Incidentally, I have noticed that I have been able to scan through all the programmes in a group/list despite recording two other programmes. Does this mean that there are actually 3 tuners, or am I likely to be interfering with the two recordings in some way - I haven't seen anything untoward?

| Fri 30 Dec 2011 19:14:09 #3 |
  4. myhumax

myhumax

senior admin

Does it stick once you've chosen a channel on the list and changed to it? (This is the second OK, the first OK is to get into the list, after the green button.)

I suspect that the favourite list is lost if you decide to change to a channel that is not on the list or that the box kicks in a timer on a channel that is not in that fav list...

The FOXSAT-HDR does not have 3 tuners.

| Fri 30 Dec 2011 19:24:55 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

dave23572

There is a bug relating to the favourites list that I have reported many times.

You create your favourites list(s) and select which one you want to use using the green button within the "list".

But since one of the firmware updates in 2011 the selected favourites group de-selects itself every night (presumably during the nightly update) and reverts back to the whole channel list "My TV".

Whenever I first turn on my Foxsat-HDR on any given day, my first task is always to re-select Favourites-1. Which is a little annoying to say the least.

On top of this, there also seems to be other situations that cause the favourites list to de-select itself. Sometimes just watching a recording causes it, but not every time.

Re-selecting Favourites-1 is something I find myself having to do several times a day if I'm using the HDR a lot.

I REALLY wish Humax would fix this one...

Incidentally, I've recently got to play with a "HDR Fox-T2" as my parents just got one. I helped them set it up and had good play with it.
    It's clearly a better PVR than the Foxsat-HDR, as you'd expect being a newer model.
    The "HDR Fox-T2" does not seem to de-select it's favourites group over night, Big Plus!
    Also the "HDR Fox-T2" only shows channels from the currently selected favourites group in it's EPG! Another big plus when compared to the Foxsat-HDR.

| Sun 1 Jan 2012 18:28:49 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

machiavelli

Sorry for not replying earlier, son_t, have been busy!

I haven't done an exhaustive analysis, but at least it does remain 'selected' if I remain within the same Favourites list; and reverts to the Auto list on repowering the receiver.

On the subject of accessing three programms at once, I have found that when recording two programs in the same 'quadrant' (I have only one LNB & feed at present), I can simultaneously view a third channel, albeit only from a select few - the channels available are shown in black (rather than grey) when the OK button is pressed.

I read somewhere that some receivers provide an additional'output' at some point in the processing chain, presumably for channels with very similar transmission characteristics, and Humax appear to be one on these. For example, yesterday whilst recording two channels in the Low Frequency, Horizontal polarisation quadrant, ITV2+1(114)and ITV4+1(118), I was also able to view ITV1 Meridian South(103)or ITV1 HD (119).

| Tue 7 Feb 2012 13:19:25 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

If two recording channels share a transponder then only 1 tuner is used.

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/what-can-i-record-and-watch-using-1-or-2-cables

| Tue 7 Feb 2012 13:52:03 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

machiavelli

Thanks, Graham

| Wed 8 Feb 2012 11:32:06 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.