My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Live aerial

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Andy Ellis

I was adjusting my satellite dish and received a shock when I touched the outside of the aerial connector. The same happens if I touch the connector on the back of the box. Surely not right.
    When in use I lose signal on some channels after a few minutes. Are the problems related?

| Thu 19 Jul 2012 12:20:53 #1 |
  2. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Probably static especially with the weather at the moment, hence the warning sticker about removing/replacing the aerial lead on the terrestrial models.

| Thu 19 Jul 2012 12:27:05 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The screen is floating as all the kit is double insulated. It's not harmfull unless of course you fall off the ladder :o.

If it bothers you you can put the coax through a bonding strip and connect the strip to earth. This is required for dishes feeding more than 1 property but not in the UK for a single property.

| Thu 19 Jul 2012 16:18:34 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Graham,
    Do I assume correctly that a bonding strip is basically a clamp fixed over the braid of a cable (sutably stripped and indoors I guess) and connected to earth?

| Thu 19 Jul 2012 17:47:35 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

REPASSAC - 1 hour ago  » 
    Graham,
    Do I assume correctly that a bonding strip is basically a clamp fixed over the braid of a cable (sutably stripped and indoors I guess) and connected to earth?

No it's strip of back to back f connectors or a single with a earth terminal suitable for 4mm cable.

One pictured here

http://www.wrightsaerials.tv/articles/satellite-distribution-pp11-20.pdf

| Thu 19 Jul 2012 19:13:44 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Interesting - found an example - Also found theseI guess you also connect one to earth.

| Fri 20 Jul 2012 15:22:57 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

REPASSAC - 4 hours ago  » 
    Interesting - found an example - Also found theseI guess you also connect one to earth.

I have seen these, reminds me of a DNA model

If you fancy earth bonding your single cable jobby, the one in/ one out looks favourite

| Fri 20 Jul 2012 19:57:25 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.