My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Live Broadcast Channels missing Ver 1.01.49

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

DMS live broadcast channels "Channels" seem to be missing in this latest software update.

The release notes mention:
    “My Contents” not showing when viewing content in FVP-4000T (DMS) from client (DMP)

In the last release I could access live broadcast channels "Channels" and content "My Contents" over local network.

The "Channels" option is now missing and I assume this feature has been removed. Does anybody know whether this is an oversight or on purpose?

| Wed 23 Nov 2016 13:20:37 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Not sure why it is no longer available, so have asked Humax Towers - will update when I receive a response.

| Wed 23 Nov 2016 20:17:27 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Update - It has deliberately been removed - from Humax Towers:

Some client devices work but not all, and it is not able to cope with all devices/applications to guarantee interoperability, hence removed.

| Thu 24 Nov 2016 13:07:11 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

thanks Barry, I guessed as much, makes sense under the circumstances to make things less complicated.
    Personally I'd rather have seen other things removed first.
    All my recordings are HD so can only be viewed locally and I'm not going to buy a H3, and with live TV now removed there's absolutely no point running any of the network services such as DMS, DMR, ftp, samba etc. which my older humax boxes can do better so that means I can switch everything network server related off and presumably the fvp4000t should run better.

| Thu 24 Nov 2016 16:59:27 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

J_Oz

special member

damian - 30 minutes ago  » 
    thanks Barry, I guessed as much, makes sense under the circumstances to make things less complicated.
    Personally I'd rather have seen other things removed first.
    All my recordings are HD so can only be viewed locally and I'm not going to buy a H3, and with live TV now removed there's absolutely no point running any of the network services such as DMS, DMR, ftp, samba etc. which my older humax boxes can do better so that means I can switch everything network server related off and presumably the fvp4000t should run better.

Damian, you say that Live TV has been removed, are you talking about the app?

| Thu 24 Nov 2016 17:31:55 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

Damian, you say that Live TV has been removed, are you talking about the app?

You could access SD recordings and also live TV from the fvp4000t over the network with media players such as kodi, vlc etc.
    Typically there would be "My Contents" for SD recordings and "Channels" which would list radio and TV SD & HD, and just as it's possible to select a recording it was also possible to select a radio/tv channel, linked to tuner No.3, I believe.
    Basically it was possible to choose a channel and stream live TV; however no pause so it wasn't using the buffer linked to tuner No.3, just streaming tuner 3 output.
    Kodi, VLC etc. run on many platforms so no need for a special 'app' it just worked via standard protocols.
    I did download 'humax live tv' to an android tablet a while ago just to see what it did and what all the fuss was about and it promptly crashed, doesn't run.
    I'm assuming the android app people refer to is either the same or very similar so I was surprised when Barry confirmed it still worked on his S4 and it didn't on your S5. Personally I don't see how it can work with the removal of "channels", but I assumed the 'app' had been tweaked just as the H3 works in a non standard way. H3 can still access HD and also live TV afaik on a fvp4000t with 1.01.49.
    The cynical may say restricting HD content and now live TV to humax's own H3 is a marketing move. The amount of load put on the box whether it's a H3, hd?FoxT2, Kodi, VLC etc. is no different; however restricting it to purely the humax's own new H3 will stop support calls from users with xyz devices complaining that it doesn't work.
    Quite why humax decided to reinvent the square wheel with the fvp4000t and H3 when DTCP worked fine on hd?FoxT2 boxes is beyond me, and never having had an humax android app that worked I'm in no position to say whether the removal of "channels" has had an effect. I assume it must have done, but then Barry's S4 works or did work and your S5 doesn't.
    I trust this makes sense

| Thu 24 Nov 2016 18:59:34 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Despite the problems that 4000T users are experiencing, I envy you in one respect. Four years down the road we 1000S/1010/1100 users are still restricted to watching recordings only on the box on which they were recorded. Welcome to the dark ages of technology.

| Thu 24 Nov 2016 23:46:41 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

J_Oz

special member

Damian said ... loads. It looks like you are saying that what Humax have done is preventing the App from working. It is still available in the Play store so I shall send in a request to Humax to try and find out what is happening.

| Fri 25 Nov 2016 9:07:57 #8 |
  9. Barry

Barry

senior admin

J_Oz - 34 minutes ago  » 
    Damian said ... loads. It looks like you are saying that what Humax have done is preventing the App from working. It is still available in the Play store so I shall send in a request to Humax to try and find out what is happening.

No not the app.

Live TV channels were available via DMS on for instance a win 8.1 or 10 PC this facility has been removed.

| Fri 25 Nov 2016 9:44:25 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

J_Oz

special member

Barry - 2 minutes ago  » 

J_Oz - 34 minutes ago  » 

No not the app.
    Live TV channels were available via DMS on for instance a win 8.1 or 10 PC this facility has been removed.

Thanks Barry. This is confusing (as to why I can't use the Live TV app) but as I said above I have contacted Humax support to try to get some answers.

| Fri 25 Nov 2016 9:48:56 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.