My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Live TV app

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bollard

New owner here. Hello and Happy Christmas.

FVP 500T working well so far. I downloaded Live TV app to iPad and tried for many times to get them to talk to each other without success, then suddenly they did connect, for a while. I am finding that sometimes the app connects and sometimes not. Do others experience this or am I doing something wrong?
    Only one network and both are connected to it, same problem if I use iPhone.
    Any advice welcome.
    Thank you.

| Thu 24 Dec 2020 20:01:10 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

poshsimon

Yes, I find it unreliable, too.
    There's no point in using it if it does not set the recorder, so I no longer use it for that purpose.

Just a guess: Are you using WiFi on the 5000T to connect? Is the app on a different WiFi to the 5000T? For example, I have a 2.4gHz and 5gHz WiFi and the box settles on one of the WiFi with the strongest signal and the device with the app does the same, but may not be the same as the box. ie, one is on 2.4gHz and the other is on 5gHz.

| Sat 2 Jan 2021 19:18:25 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bollard

Thank you for your interesting reply. I had come to the same conclusion regarding the 2.4 or 5 GHz. I found that if I got them both on 2.4 I could connect. Having said that, sometimes a set recording would work and sometimes not. Other things like schedule and recordings set with the remote would show.
    Now for some inexplicable reason the iPad and 5000T now connect even when they are not on the same WiFi channel. I have not made any changes to either system.
    I have also given up trying to set recordings via the app.
    I have not tried to use the app when away from home so don’t know if that would work. Difficult to get away from home now on tier4!

| Sat 2 Jan 2021 20:01:03 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Bollard - 1 week ago  » 
    I downloaded Live TV app

Bollard - 5 hours ago  » 
    I have also given up trying to set recordings via the app.
    I have not tried to use the app when away from home so don’t know if that would work.

When away from home try the TV Guide app for remote recording.

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/remote-recording

| Sun 3 Jan 2021 1:59:48 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bollard

Thanks, will give it a try.

| Sun 3 Jan 2021 9:36:57 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.