My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Broadcast, Internet, Media

London 2012 HD Recordings Anyone?

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

humaxhunt

Hi!

I have a Humax Foxsat HDR (Foxsat-HDR) but missed recording London 2012 Olympics channels....and would love to get hold of some of the "full" sessions in HD that others may have recorded...

Anyone got them stored that I could downloadP site? Would love to have a few (Full Opening Ceremony with build-up, Super Saturday, some of the Velodrome..) on my hard-drive for posterity. Highlights DVD don't really do justice.

Any thoughts anyone?

| Thu 29 Aug 2013 1:20:21 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

not too sure which thread to post a reply in...

anyway, I think you'll struggle with size:

Olympic opening would be around 18GB so would take 50+ hours on my adsl to download and a few hundred hours to upload somewhere

I have paralympic opening and closing both 20GB+ and both over ran so I doubt if anybody's got a copy without bits missing

2nd problem would be encryption
    3rd might be copyright

I'm sure a few people will have copies of some of it, but uploading/downloading would be an olympic feat in itself. Ideally you'd pop round to somebody's house with a portable usb drive and leave it there as that'd still take hours

It's a shame iplayer don't keep it tucked away somewhere, it's almost a national treasure, the opening ceremony simply beyond belief.

| Thu 29 Aug 2013 2:11:39 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

National Treasure, If it was a choice of watching the Olympics or prison with hard labour, I would choose the latter.

| Thu 29 Aug 2013 7:48:05 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

humaxhunt - I think the post by damian covers it, your other post on same subject removed.

| Thu 29 Aug 2013 8:33:47 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.