My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

Loosing the Tv Picture

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Paul_hl

Hello

I have a Humax Digital recorder (Model no: DTRT2000). I have a problem that needs addressing...

When watching a programme directly on the television (with the source set to the INBUILT TV FREEVIEW) I loose the television picture when the humax box starts making a noise / (starting up?) This happens (I assume) when there is a programme set to record on the humax? 

I can only get the picture to return if I allow the humax box some time to 'settle' or I can manually (via remote control) switch on the humax box. It takes a while until the box gets to a certain point in the startup process for the connection to be re-established and to get the tv picture.  I assume what is happening is the humax box is cutting off the aerial connection?

Is there a fix for this as it can be annoying when you are half way through a tv programme!

Thanks for your help.

| Fri 4 Dec 2020 19:22:48 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Paul_hl - 38 mins ago  » 
    Hello
    I have a Humax Digital recorder (Model no: DTRT2000). I have a problem that needs addressing...
    When watching a programme directly on the television (with the source set to the INBUILT TV FREEVIEW) I loose the television picture when the humax box starts making a noise / (starting up?) This happens (I assume) when there is a programme set to record on the humax? 

I can only get the picture to return if I allow the humax box some time to 'settle' or I can manually (via remote control) switch on the humax box. It takes a while until the box gets to a certain point in the startup process for the connection to be re-established and to get the tv picture.  I assume what is happening is the humax box is cutting off the aerial connection?
    Is there a fix for this as it can be annoying when you are half way through a tv programme!
    Thanks for your help.

A simple one.

Fit a UHF TV splitter to the feed from the aerial use one output to feed the box. remove the loop out cable and use it to feed the TV from the other output of the splitter.

https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=https://www.amazon.co.uk/Splitter-Housing-Ancable-Adapter-Connector/dp/B07RZZCM8H/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=1JTJ89G1K9VYM&tag=blusas008-21&dchild=1&keywords=tv+splitter+1+male+2+female&qid=1607108648&quartzVehicle=72-1783&replacementKeywords=tv+splitter+1+male+female&sprefix=TV+spllit%2Caps%2C158&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzNkJUVkhMODhQVTNFJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNjA2NjU3MU5NUDVBTFdLVE9aSiZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMTU1ODI3MVhKRjJNUFIwNzFSOCZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

| Fri 4 Dec 2020 20:04:35 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Paul_hl

Hi graham. Thanks for your advice. Seems to have solved the problem! Regards paul

| Mon 7 Dec 2020 19:52:53 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.