My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Loses com7 and com8 channels

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

howsoonisnow

Since the recent retune due to cbeebies etc moving my box finds all channels on either a full autotune or a manual tune of the two multiplexes. However, upon a reboot it loses all SD and HD channels on com7 and com8 and the only way to get them back is with a full retune or a manual tune. I am experimenting by switching off the option for the box to shut down at night and reboot in the morning. I notice that com7 and com8 are transmitted at a fraction of the power of most others mux from Rowridge. I am in Southampton, the whole of which is supposed to get all mux from Rowridge with no problem.

| Sun 21 Jan 2018 23:42:31 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

howsoonisnow - 13 hours ago  » 
    Since the recent retune due to cbeebies etc moving my box finds all channels on either a full autotune or a manual tune of the two multiplexes. However, upon a reboot it loses all SD and HD channels on com7 and com8 and the only way to get them back is with a full retune or a manual tune. I am experimenting by switching off the option for the box to shut down at night and reboot in the morning. I notice that com7 and com8 are transmitted at a fraction of the power of most others mux from Rowridge. I am in Southampton, the whole of which is supposed to get all mux from Rowridge with no problem.

If you have tunefix installed then you may have an old version. Go to the webif package management and update to the latest version.
    If you don't have tunefix installed then I have no idea.

| Mon 22 Jan 2018 12:52:32 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

howsoonisnow

Thanks for reply but I do not have tunefix installed

| Mon 22 Jan 2018 13:10:13 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

howsoonisnow - 9 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks for reply but I do not have tunefix installed

Do you have the custom firmware installed?

| Mon 22 Jan 2018 13:20:05 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

howsoonisnow

Yes, I have the latest custom firmware and out of curiosity I have just added tunefix, then rebooted, and... no channels lost! Will wait and see if this is a fluke or the problem is fixed.

| Mon 22 Jan 2018 13:47:10 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

gregoryrose

Just to add to help others I had the same issue of the channels appearing after retune but disappearing after reboot as reported here. I WAS using tunefix and the ever reliable Martin was entirely correct that bring this up to date fixed the issue immediately. Thanks again.

| Wed 14 Feb 2018 0:37:47 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.