My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Broadcast, Internet, Media

Loss of Audio Tonights Jury

(15 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

PatB

I have just tried to watch last nights The Jury (SkyHD/Yorkshire) and can confirm audio was lost half way through first advert and I have no idea when it came back but was at least ten minutes into News at Ten. Sky tell me it was an ITV problem.

| Wed 9 Nov 2011 23:00:47 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

PatB - 43 minutes ago  » 
    I have just tried to watch last nights The Jury (SkyHD/Yorkshire) and can confirm audio was lost half way through first advert and I have no idea when it came back but was at least ten minutes into News at Ten. Sky tell me it was an ITV problem.

I wonder how much the silent adverts will cost ITV in compensation.
    What is really annoying you just do not get any sort of apology from ITV.

| Wed 9 Nov 2011 23:46:01 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

PatB - 49 minutes ago  » 

In contrast there was a short problem tonight on BBC1-HD, instantly acknowledged by an on screen message. OFCOM take note. How a major PSB UK transmitter can lose the audio for so long including it's psb statutory requirement to provide a news service, without public censure beggars belief. Don't they watch there own output ?

| Wed 9 Nov 2011 23:55:38 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

PatB

Been told by ITV today - "We have established that there was a technical fault in the Granada/Yorkshire region on our ITV1HD channel."

| Thu 10 Nov 2011 13:31:43 #14 |
  5. gomezz

gomezz

special member

That much we already knew. I suppose we now know it was a technical fault and not human error.

| Thu 10 Nov 2011 16:52:50 #15 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.