My Humax Forum » WELCOME to the forums!

Loss of Channels and focus on Sky programmes

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

brownhirondelle

I have a DTR-T1000 which was replaced 4 times last year. I live in the PO10 region.
    From Monday night we have kept losing our TV channels - the screen would go black-and since then I have retuned with varying degrees of success at least 30 times.(It is a slow process.) Last night the box was saying we had no aerial connections and only 108 internet channels (not true as I connected the TV direct to the aerial) and all I could get was Sky programmes and the like with the message to contact my provider if I wanted them set up - I don't. (I have Tall Talk Broadband)
    Our recordings are intact and we can watch them and the guide function is there.
    This is truly bizarre.
    Done all the usual recommended cable checks and wish to avoid reset and lose recordings.

| Thu 23 Apr 2015 7:21:14 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Have you checked your aerial? Any trees coming into leaf? Is the same aerial serving any other devices such as your TV or a second PVR? If so, how is the Freeview reception on the other device(s)?

| Thu 23 Apr 2015 8:02:32 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

brownhirondelle - 34 minutes ago  » 
    I have a DTR-T1000 which was replaced 4 times last year. .... wish to avoid reset and lose recordings.

There is a maintenance menu that gives a few reset options. Not all the options delete recordings.

For how to to access the maintenance mode screen see
    http://support.youview.com/articles/Self_Service_FAQ/How-do-I-perform-a-maintenance-mode-recovery-1370864319647

| Thu 23 Apr 2015 8:03:24 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

brownhirondelle

Thank you

| Thu 23 Apr 2015 8:25:40 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

brownhirondelle

I plugged the aerial lead direct into the TV and all the programmes were there.
    There is the usual possible disruption from trees but this was odd as the box was just listing Sky programmes and none of the usual terestial services.
    (My wife thought it was a cunning plot by Talk Talk to get us to subscribe to their TV services!)

| Thu 23 Apr 2015 8:28:51 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Yes, the plug for the Sky programmes will be coming from TalkTalk. Your loss of Freeview channels probably isn't related to TalkTalk's IPTV service.

As Luke said, you can reset the box using a "keep recordings" option. Worth just trying an 8-second soft reset first, if you haven't already.

| Thu 23 Apr 2015 8:42:54 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.