My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Lost all channels

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

C.A

I couldn't get any BBC channels, so I stupidly reset factory settings. Now I can't get any channels and cannot tune in anything. It's a very old (2012) Humax freesat box but I have recordings of my daughter on it so don't want to throw it away. Please help

| Mon 27 Feb 2023 21:27:44 #1 |
  2. FenderBender

FenderBender

administrator

Welcome to our forums. Can you tell us which Humax model it is please?

| Mon 27 Feb 2023 21:37:58 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

C.A

Humax FOX-SAT HDR

That's the only names it has on it. The remote control is RM FO1
    Probably around 2012

| Mon 27 Feb 2023 21:43:31 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

C.A - 3 hours ago  » 
    I couldn't get any BBC channels, so I stupidly reset factory settings. Now I can't get any channels and cannot tune in anything. It's a very old (2012) Humax freesat box but I have recordings of my daughter on it so don't want to throw it away.

I would suggest the most likely problems are that the dish is very slightly out of alignment or there is a problem with the LNB.

| Tue 28 Feb 2023 0:37:36 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Agapanthus99

We have two separate installations (in adjacent houses.) One is using a Foxsat-HDR and the other a Foxsat-HD. We've been away for a few weeks. Both were receiving Freesat perfectly before we left, now neither will tune any channels. They say there's no signal. This sounds very much like C.A's problem. I really can't believe that they've simultaneouly become misaligned or that both LNBs have simultaneously failed.

I suspect that the Freesat changes have done something that these old boxes can't cope with (that's my technical explanation!) We are resigning ourselves to buying a couple of more up-to-date boxes.

| Fri 17 Mar 2023 22:17:18 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

C.A

*UPDATE

I read somewhere that you can upload all the lost channels by taking your box to someone who has a Humax connection, connect the cables and go from there... it only bloomin worked!!!
    And I now have more channels! No need for a new box

| Fri 17 Mar 2023 22:30:59 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

dino

special member

Agapanthus99 - 1 day ago  » 
    We have two separate installations (in adjacent houses.) One is using a Foxsat-HDR and the other a Foxsat-HD. We've been away for a few weeks. Both were receiving Freesat perfectly before we left, now neither will tune any channels. They say there's no signal. This sounds very much like C.A's problem. I really can't believe that they've simultaneouly become misaligned or that both LNBs have simultaneously failed.
    I suspect that the Freesat changes have done something that these old boxes can't cope with (that's my technical explanation!) We are resigning ourselves to buying a couple of more up-to-date boxes.

Which Freesat changes do you suspect of causing your problem?
    The recent BBC One HD switch worked seamlessly on my Foxsat HDR amd I've not seen any other reports of Freesat changes affecting that generation of Humax.

| Sun 19 Mar 2023 15:56:36 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

C.A - 1 day ago  » 
    *UPDATE
    I read somewhere that you can upload all the lost channels by taking your box to someone who has a Humax connection, connect the cables and go from there... it only bloomin worked!!!
    And I now have more channels! No need for a new box

I think your symptoms suggest a problem with accessing the freesat home transponder to access the EPG. It probably needs just a small tweak to the dish alignment or the LNB skew,

| Sun 19 Mar 2023 19:14:41 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.