My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Lost all files and folders

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

ChrisB200SX

Hi all,

I had a look through all the previous thread but nothing mentioned this issue.

My mum's lost everything from her PVR yesterday. It's still functioning and recording fine. It's as if all the contents just disappeared

It was getting a bit full, still had about 36GB free before I recorded Up in HD the other day.

It now looks like it's an unused unit with the exception of what it recorded since it lost everything. About 426GB free I think.

I went though all the menus, but to no avail.

Anyone heard of this happening before?
    Is it possible to get the lost files and folders back?

| Thu 3 Jan 2013 18:36:47 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Owen Smith

special member

I would never run the hard disc that full. This is inviting fragmentation and other problems. A rough rule of thumb is that above 70% full is not good. This applies for PC hard discs just the same

| Sun 6 Jan 2013 12:49:07 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

ChrisB200SX

That's a fair point. I hadn't given it much thought.

Fragmentation must a be a serious issue anyway though? Given that you can record two things at the same time and you'll frequently be deleting files you've watched.
    I presume the system doesn't defragment the drive itself periodically either?

It was also a year since we first switched the thing on, maybe just a coincidence?

Must be frustrating for people who don't understand the background of the technology to find they can't use all of the "500GB" advertised... and then find the thing stops working correctly because it's 2/3 full. (When they've only got about 250GB of recordings.)

Tempted to stick an enormous drive in it this time next year when the warranty expires!

| Mon 7 Jan 2013 14:38:54 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.