My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Lost all my recordings.

(5 posts)
  1. Soloist

Soloist

My whole list of recordings - about 30 - has disappeared. I watched a programme on iplayer and came out of it and switched off. A couple of hours later, I looked at my list of recordings to find that there were none. Has this happened to anyone else and is anyone able to tell me how this has happened?

| Thu 10 Dec 2020 21:12:06 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Soloist - 19 mins ago  » 
    My whole list of recordings - about 30 - has disappeared. I watched a programme on iplayer and came out of it and switched off. A couple of hours later, I looked at my list of recordings to find that there were none. Has this happened to anyone else and is anyone able to tell me how this has happened?

It would greatly help if you tell us which Humax box you are referring to there is a long list of boxes that members may have.

These include Freeview boxes connected to a normal aerial and satellite ones connected to dish.

You don't even give us enough info to determine if it's a satellite box or terrestrial. All we know it's likely to have a internal hard dis. Some boxes record to a seperate USB hard drive.

| Thu 10 Dec 2020 21:36:54 #2 |
  3. Soloist

Soloist

Sorry! FVP5000T.
    Thanks.

| Thu 10 Dec 2020 21:39:39 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Soloist - 16 mins ago  » 
    Sorry! FVP5000T.
    Thanks.

First thing to try is unplug the power connector at the back of the box. Leave it a few minutes and boot the box again.

If you have a lot of recordings it can take a while to populate the recordings list.

If it happens again, go back to live TV. Wait a few minutes and try again.

Generally this always works, Just do not try and display the recordings list immediately after booting the box. Give it 30 seconds or so.

| Thu 10 Dec 2020 22:00:00 #4 |
  5. Soloist

Soloist

Graham, thank you. That worked, removing the power plug and replacing minutes later fixed the problem.
    Soloist.

| Fri 11 Dec 2020 10:46:52 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.