My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

LOST ALL RECORDINGS,Humax HDR -1800

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jeanni

Suddenly noticed all my recordings except two to be done last night had disappeared. I had deleted some but no idea why they all disappeared. I have tried turning off at the plug both when on and when on standby. Nothing received and as HDD showing 92% available I assume they have disappeared forever.
    All scheduled programmes are still listed,
    Please tell me I’m wrong .

| Fri 6 Dec 2019 20:58:40 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Jeanni - 14 hours ago  » 
    Suddenly noticed all my recordings except two to be done last night had disappeared. I had deleted some but no idea why they all disappeared. I have tried turning off at the plug both when on and when on standby. Nothing received and as HDD showing 92% available I assume they have disappeared forever.

Sadly I think you are correct that the recordings have gone. It is unusual for it to happen. Am I correct in assuming you didn't get a prompt to reformat the hard drive? The usual problem is that when the file system is damaged it is marked as read only and the format prompt appears.

All scheduled programmes are still listed,

Exactly as expected; the schedule of future recordings is not stored on the hard drive, it is held in flash RAM.

| Sat 7 Dec 2019 11:15:22 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jeanni

Thank you Martin but not what I wanted to hear.

I would like to know WHY though.
    If it was my fault is there any possibility that they could be deleted immediately ? There were no spinning icons showing things were being deleted. It appears they were erased all at once.
    Thanks
    JJ

| Sun 8 Dec 2019 8:36:46 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jeanni

Here I am answering my own Query! I was tidying up my recordings and thereby shows it was my mistake.
    I was clicking on various folders, selecting all the separate recordings and selecting ‘delete’.
    Fine but only if you delete after you select the relevant folder. I was going along quite gaily but became too enthusiastic. I selected ‘ delete’ BEFORE I SELECTED THE FOLDER. Consequently ALL MY RECORINGS IN ALL MY FOLDERS WERE DELETED.
    Hoping this will stop others making the same mistake.
    CHECK TWICE BEFORE DELETING.
    JJ returns to the stupid step and tries to kid herself it doesn’t matter too much.

| Mon 9 Dec 2019 19:52:59 #4 |
  5. Trev

Trev

special member

You better believe Jeanni. 'It's only telly' after all and most of it is on catchup anyway.
    Ah just realised, I suspect the HDR 1800 is a bit sparse on catchup, but Amazon firesticks are 'only' £40 (missed the BF deal).

| Mon 9 Dec 2019 20:28:50 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jeanni

I’m strangely philosophical about my loss! Maybe because at my advanced age I know nothing lasts forever.
    Happy Christmas to all.

Attachments

1. BABA73EE-53E1-433A-A158-BA62FEA33DCA..jpeg (25.9 KB, 1 downloads) 4 years old
    | Tue 10 Dec 2019 10:09:03 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Jeanni - 1 day ago  » 
    Here I am answering my own Query! I was tidying up my recordings and thereby shows it was my mistake.
    I was clicking on various folders, selecting all the separate recordings and selecting ‘delete’.
    Fine but only if you delete after you select the relevant folder. I was going along quite gaily but became too enthusiastic. I selected ‘ delete’ BEFORE I SELECTED THE FOLDER. Consequently ALL MY RECORINGS IN ALL MY FOLDERS WERE DELETED.
    Hoping this will stop others making the same mistake.
    CHECK TWICE BEFORE DELETING.
    JJ returns to the stupid step and tries to kid herself it doesn’t matter too much.

That doesn't happen to me when I select 'delete'. Only the recording or folder that is highlighted is deleted.
    But if I press the green button first it will select everything on the current list and then the delete will delete everything on the list.

Is it possible that you pressed the green button instead of the red button?

| Tue 10 Dec 2019 20:41:03 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jeanni

Thanks for replying. TBH it could have been that but I think it was as I said above.
    They've gone, disappeared into the Idiots hole.
    Onward and upward and be more careful ( I remind myself).
    JJ

| Wed 11 Dec 2019 11:39:36 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.