My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Lost sound on SD channels, now fixed!

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

crashcris

I thought I had a problem that turned out to be a case of user error, only due to a particular quirk of one of my Humax 2000t boxes.

Odd to think that after several years of using and owning 4 of these 2000t boxes, you can still find a new way to incorrectly identify a problem of missing audio on all the SD channels, however the HD channels remained fine. Only to discover that the audio coming out of the TV whilst on a SD channel through the 2000t can be controlled by the volume buttons on the humax remote, whereas the humax remote volume control buttons have absolutely NO EFFECT AT ALL on the HD channels.

Hence, it turned out that the volume on my Humax 2000t was at zero, so no audio from the SD channels but full normal audio from all the HD channels. I'm amazed that it's taken me many years of using this machine to come across this little quirk. I still love all my 2000t machines.

Please note that this little quirk only affects one of my boxes, all the other 3 boxes work as you'd expect them to. Funny little Humaxes.

| Sat 1 Apr 2023 12:41:37 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

crashcris - 2 hours ago  » the audio coming out of the TV whilst on a SD channel through the 2000t can be controlled by the volume buttons on the humax remote, whereas the humax remote volume control buttons have absolutely NO EFFECT AT ALL on the HD channels.

Are you using surround sound equipment?

If you aren't then switch the Digital Audio Option to "Stereo".
    The option can be found via
    MENU -> Settings -> Preferences -> Audio

| Sat 1 Apr 2023 15:03:26 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

crashcris

Luke - 2 hours ago  » 

crashcris - 2 hours ago  » the audio coming out of the TV whilst on a SD channel through the 2000t can be controlled by the volume buttons on the humax remote, whereas the humax remote volume control buttons have absolutely NO EFFECT AT ALL on the HD channels.

Are you using surround sound equipment?
    If you aren't then switch the Digital Audio Option to "Stereo".
    The option can be found via
    MENU -> Settings -> Preferences -> Audio

Hi, thank you, yes I do use surround sound through my AVR. There really isn't any problem now I know to keep the volume high when watching SD channels on that machine.

| Sat 1 Apr 2023 18:08:06 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.