My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Lost BBC Channels

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

ThunderRumble

Hello again - you were all really helpful last time and I'm hoping you'll be able to help again.

My parents have a 2000T and they have suddenly stopped receiving BBC1 and BBC2. They have another 2000T in another room which is receiving them fine, so I don't think it's a signal issue.

I have tried retuning it several times, and the best result I've managed to get is the channels showing up on the channel list but not showing anything. Every other time they just disappear completely.

I've tried turning the box on and off again (including unplugging it) and nothing. Any other thoughts? Thank you.

| Sat 24 Apr 2021 18:20:12 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

ThunderRumble - 1 hour ago  » 
    Hello again - you were all really helpful last time and I'm hoping you'll be able to help again.
    My parents have a 2000T and they have suddenly stopped receiving BBC1 and BBC2. They have another 2000T in another room which is receiving them fine, so I don't think it's a signal issue.

Are both the TVs fed from the same aerial? If they are is there an amplifier with multiple outputs or a passive splitter? I would start by looking at the cabling for the TV that is not receiving the BBC multiplex. You are looking for kinks in the cable or badly made joints or loose plugs; they can create a notch filter that wipes out a particular frequency.

| Sat 24 Apr 2021 19:30:53 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

ThunderRumble

Martin Liddle - 11 mins ago  » 

ThunderRumble - 1 hour ago  » 

Are both the TVs fed from the same aerial? If they are is there an amplifier with multiple outputs or a passive splitter? I would start by looking at the cabling for the TV that is not receiving the BBC multiplex. You are looking for kinks in the cable or badly made joints or loose plugs; they can create a notch filter that wipes out a particular frequency.

Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately I don't know too much about the set up. I believe there is one aerial on the roof and then both the downstairs and the upstairs room have an aerial port(?) where you can connect a cable.

Earlier today I tried searching for channels again and managed to get both channels back but every 2-3 seconds it would freeze slightly, which makes me think it possibly is a signal problem? I checked the wire and it doesn't seem broken/damaged to the naked eye (although I'm aware that that doesn't mean anything). I have a spare aerial cable which is the next step, but other than that I don't really know what else to try.

| Sat 24 Apr 2021 19:45:33 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

Are you referring to BBC1 and BBC2 HD or SD? Are you comparing the same thing on both Humaxes?

I’d be tempted to look at the settings of the “working” box. Go to Menu/Settings/System/Signal Detection. Note the channel and signal strength. Check to see if the settings are the same on the other box. If the channel is different you probably need to manually retune. If the channel is the same but the signal strength is poor you will need to investigate the set up as Martin has suggested.

| Sat 24 Apr 2021 20:36:55 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.