My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Lost buttons in package mgmt in PC browser webif

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mamos22

Suspect that a recent necessary re-install of my firefox browser caused this but haven't looked at package management for a while so can't be sure but now I no longer see any buttons to install / remove packages and am baffled as to any browser settings that might cause this.
    Only other problem is an unresponsive script issue re VLC player playing files from my foxsat HDR but am hoping a java update or re-install of activeX plugin may help.
    Also saw a release for CF v4.1.1 ( I am using 4.0.8 ) - is it worth upgrading?

| Tue 21 May 2013 18:44:18 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

The problem is caused by new functionality in the beta version of firefox you installed which has support for a new HTML5 feature. raydons's investigation into this led to a discovery that the buttons are coded using this feature but set to be initially hidden. This has been rectified by an update.

Either go back to an earlier version (pre beta) or use a different browser to install the update.

Yes to the upgrade.

| Tue 21 May 2013 18:59:31 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

mamos22

Thanks REPASSAC for the quick response and for clarifying that, will roll back to a previous version of firefox.

Thanks, assume there's no way of losing any data except for the need to re-install packages re the CF upgrade to v4.1.1

Cheers

| Tue 21 May 2013 19:23:58 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

mamos22 - 18 hours ago  » 
    Thanks REPASSAC for the quick response and for clarifying that, will roll back to a previous version of firefox.
    Thanks, assume there's no way of losing any data except for the need to re-install packages re the CF upgrade to v4.1.1
    Cheers

No danger at all.

| Wed 22 May 2013 13:54:01 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

mamos22

gave up on getting VLC to work in firefox as never been able to get it to work since my last post but now giving it another try...

constantly getting:

A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.

Script: http://192.168.1.2/js/jquery.js:16

Windows xp sp3
    Firefox v. 23.0.1
    VLC web plugin 2.0.6.0 ( last updated 30 July 2013 )

any ideas would be appreciated, cheers

| Mon 9 Sep 2013 14:07:54 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.