My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Lost Channels

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

veryslomo

Hi folks,
    I am hoping someone out there might be able to help me out. A few days ago I tried to view BBC iPlayer (had been working fine) and got a 'No or Bad Signal' message. Since then I have discovered that I get the same message on almost all channels. The ones that are still working are those that might broadly be called the Terrestrial channels (BBC, ITV etc) and their digital stablemates. These channels have a signal/quality of 85/80% about 10% down on previously while those that are no longer working have 0% signal and quality. When I do a freesat tune it searches for a signal for ages but doesn't find one. When I do a manual tune it happily finds and saves loads of channels but when i try to view them it is again only the 'terrestrial' channels that work.
    Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
    Cheers,
    Andy

| Wed 23 Jan 2013 17:00:18 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

Any chance that your dish could have moved, and therefore you are not receiving the freesat home transponder.

| Wed 23 Jan 2013 18:39:35 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

veryslomo

Thanks for the reply Barry.
    Its possible. We had some scaffolding taken down round about the time things changed and i guess a tap with a scaff pole would do it. It does, however, appear to be pointing in the same direction as our neighbours dish. I was hoping there might be another explanation as all the adjusting bolts on the dish are well rusted. Before I start with the WD40 is there any relevance to the fact that, on the manual tune page, the first two lines read:

Tuner Tuner 1 (Fixed)
    Satellite freesat 28.2E

Cheers,
    Andy

| Wed 23 Jan 2013 21:07:04 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

I think those are just default values set in software.

| Wed 23 Jan 2013 22:06:14 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

veryslomo

Righty ho then, looks like its WD40 time. Thanks for your input.

| Wed 23 Jan 2013 22:44:22 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.