My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Lost Internet connection

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Queenie

I have an FVP 5000T box which was working perfectly until today. Now i cannot get a wifi connection. I don't use an ethernet connection.When I go to network settings to configure WLAN it says wireless network is not detected. I have rebooted my router and restarted my pvr box with no change.The last IP address was 192.168.001.002.If I go to the LAN screen I have a Gateway address and a primary DNS server address but no IP address or netmask address. I guess that's because I'm not on a wired connection.On the System Information screen there is no Mac address listed for WLAN but I know what the Mac address is.
    I don't know what to do next.

| Sat 17 Oct 2020 22:10:40 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Queenie - 21 mins ago  » 
    I go to network settings to configure WLAN it says wireless network is not detected. I have rebooted my router and restarted my pvr box with no change.

It sounds to me a though the WiFi card in the PVR has got into an odd state. When you restarted the PVR did you turn off the electric power first?

| Sat 17 Oct 2020 22:34:34 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Queenie

Hi
    No I didn't switch off the electricity before disconnecting the box. Also I've just found out that my hard drive has been wiped! I only had one scheduled recording tonight and that won't play and the message said something about a video file.

| Sat 17 Oct 2020 22:44:53 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Queenie

Hi again,
    I rebooted the pvr again - properly this time and now all seems to be well and my recorded programmes are back.What a relief.
    I can't imagine what happened in the first place as I had done nothing to upset it as far as I know.
    Anyway, thank you for your timely help.

| Sat 17 Oct 2020 23:01:55 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.