My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Lost Internet connection

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Queenie

I have an FVP 5000T box which was working perfectly until today. Now i cannot get a wifi connection. I don't use an ethernet connection.When I go to network settings to configure WLAN it says wireless network is not detected. I have rebooted my router and restarted my pvr box with no change.The last IP address was 192.168.001.002.If I go to the LAN screen I have a Gateway address and a primary DNS server address but no IP address or netmask address. I guess that's because I'm not on a wired connection.On the System Information screen there is no Mac address listed for WLAN but I know what the Mac address is.
    I don't know what to do next.

| Sat 17 Oct 2020 23:10:40 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Queenie - 21 mins ago  » 
    I go to network settings to configure WLAN it says wireless network is not detected. I have rebooted my router and restarted my pvr box with no change.

It sounds to me a though the WiFi card in the PVR has got into an odd state. When you restarted the PVR did you turn off the electric power first?

| Sat 17 Oct 2020 23:34:34 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Queenie

Hi
    No I didn't switch off the electricity before disconnecting the box. Also I've just found out that my hard drive has been wiped! I only had one scheduled recording tonight and that won't play and the message said something about a video file.

| Sat 17 Oct 2020 23:44:53 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Queenie

Hi again,
    I rebooted the pvr again - properly this time and now all seems to be well and my recorded programmes are back.What a relief.
    I can't imagine what happened in the first place as I had done nothing to upset it as far as I know.
    Anyway, thank you for your timely help.

| Sun 18 Oct 2020 0:01:55 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

laowai

My FVP 5000T regularly does not connect to WiFi. Searching for WiFi produces several neighbours but not mine (different list each search). Other devices using WiFi are working fine in the same room. Disconnecting from the mains and reconnecting solves the problem but it is annoying.

| Tue 3 Nov 2020 9:55:30 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Queenie

Further to my posts above re lost internet connection on my FVP-5000T.
    I have had one further issue re the internet disconnection.
    However, there has been another ongoing issue since the first diconnection which I have been unable to solve.
    I have a Minx TV speaker connected to my Panasonic TV. This was working fine up until my problem with the PVR. Now I cannot get the speaker to work when I'm using the PVR to watch the TV. It works ok when I'm watching the TV without the PVR switched on.
    I have not altered any of the connections to the PVR. Any ideas?

| Tue 10 Nov 2020 18:16:17 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

laowai

How is it connected? My Onkyo sound system is connected to Samsung TV via optical link and works fine through TV or Humax. (Although balancing volume is another story).

| Wed 11 Nov 2020 10:35:31 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Queenie

Thanks for the info. My speaker is connected via the headphone socket on my TV. I don't have an optical outlet on my TV regrettably. I understand about the volume balance issue. It's a pain!
    I just don't get why my Humax will no longer recognise my speaker when ostensibly nothing has changed re connections.
    I did wonder whether connecting my Humax box to the speaker with an RCA connection in addition to the headphone connection might solve the problem. I have asked Cambridge Audio (who supplied my speaker)for advice on that one but they take an age to reply.

| Wed 11 Nov 2020 11:35:05 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.