My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Lost Media button on Humax Foxsat-HDR

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jo16

Hi, I hope someone can help me with this query. I've had a Humax Foxsat-HDR box with Freesat+ for 2 years with few problems. Today it froze on Boot for a very long time and at one point showed the message 'HDD not formatted. Formatting to Start', or something similar. Eventually I turned the whole unit off, the switch at the back of the box also, took out a couple of leads, put them back in and turned back on. It re-booted OK, and works fine in terms of channel picking and Guide. However, the 'Media' option has disappeared. I press the Media button on the remote and nothing happens. I can't find any previously recorded programmes that used to be in the media list, and when I try to test record a future programme I get the option to reserve/watch the programme only, not to record. For info, other than the normal channel info, the display on the box is showing 'TV' in the left hand corner and 1080i towards the middle. I've changed the batteries in the remote also! Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks for any help you can give with this.

| Mon 14 Oct 2013 17:10:21 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to the forum. Looks like your harddisc has failed. You can try opening the box and removing and replacing the hard disc connections. If you are very lucky it may be just a bad connection.

| Mon 14 Oct 2013 18:06:45 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jo16

Thanks very much for taking the time to reply. 24 hours after I posted my query, the box started working again - completely back to normal - so not sure what was going on!

| Thu 17 Oct 2013 18:01:46 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.