My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Lost Recordings

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

HughA

Went from live TV om my FVP 5000T to watch a recording and found the cupboard was bare - not a single recording was listed! Switched to standby then on again - still no recordings! Switched off at the mains, waited 30 seconds then on again, recordings back. I know this has happened on earlier models but haven't heard of it on the 5000. Anyone else experiencing this?

| Fri 12 Jan 2018 20:02:47 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I have but if you wait a bit for the recordings list to be built they come back without doing anything. May be related to the number of recordings (I have quite a lot).

| Fri 12 Jan 2018 20:13:26 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

HughA

Thanks Graham. I had about 40 recordings. If it happens again I'll try and leave it and see if it recovers by itself. Can be tricky if the wife is wanting to catch up on East Enders!

| Fri 12 Jan 2018 20:48:06 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

HughA - 15 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks Graham. I had about 40 recordings. If it happens again I'll try and leave it and see if it recovers by itself. Can be tricky if the wife is wanting to catch up on East Enders!

You are talking like 30 seconds on my 296 recordings. The first time you see it, it's very easy to panic

Attachments

1. 296Recordings.jpg (144.5 KB, 11 downloads) 6 years old
    | Fri 12 Jan 2018 21:11:11 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mcmad

hugely annoying when you have actually built up a decent library of stuff on the box (my 400T is the same) and are sitting for minutes actually waiting on the box springing to life for its main purpose. Only reason I can think of for it to be so slow is the underspec hardware and poor coding.

| Fri 12 Jan 2018 22:07:54 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

DavidSteward

I also had a problem with lost recordings after an overnight power cut. I panicked over many lost recordings of half watched series. It seems I just had to wait for the recoding list on my 2TB 4000T to be rebuilt as per the post above from Graham. Panic over.

| Mon 29 Jan 2018 21:48:40 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.