My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

lost recordings

(21 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Theros2

HDR1000S- says I have no recordings yet, but I have. Happened before and normally a cold reboot does the job [disconnect from the mains].
    Not this time though - any suggestions

| Wed 9 May 2018 15:35:04 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

My theory is if you look just after boot then not all processes have necessarily completed so I always give it a minute extra.

Normally a soft reboot does it for me.

How old is your unit?

What does system settings say when you look at storage?

| Wed 9 May 2018 16:13:17 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Theros2

Tried leaving it on for half an hour but no joy.

Unit is 4 years old.

Storage says "Connect a USB hard drive (HDD) to the box to be able to record programmes...".

Sounds like it can't find the hard drive.

| Thu 10 May 2018 19:52:50 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Those are the symptoms of a problem caused by a failing/failed component on the motherboard. You could try contacting Humax to see if they will offer a fixed price exchange as the problem is known. I would just tell then it is out of warranty rather than it is 4 years old.

| Fri 11 May 2018 5:41:21 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Theros2

Thanks for your advice REPASSAC, much appreciated

| Fri 11 May 2018 13:37:16 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Theros2

Just for the record; contacted Humax and after a bit of correspondence, they said that the SATA component had failed.

This is the hardware interface that connects a HDD.

Offered me a "like for like" exchange unit with a 6 month warranty for £55 which I have accepted.

It does make you wander though, if this is a known problem, why don't they rectify it?

| Sun 27 May 2018 8:25:22 #6 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I suspect that it was a batch of components and that the problem was eliminated some time ago.

It is very costly (Shipping both ways plus perhaps a up to a hours work per unit) I would say that £55 is very reasonable for a 4 year old unit.

| Sun 27 May 2018 8:56:35 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Theros2 - 2 hours ago  » 
    It does make you wander though, if this is a known problem, why don't they rectify it?

I n what way (other than what they are doing) would you like them to rectify it?

| Sun 27 May 2018 11:10:50 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Yes, I'm no great fan of Humax, the first two years experience of the 1000S knocked that for six, but I think it would be a safe conclusion that they have now identified and fixed the problem. Probably also learned from it, which can only be good for the next generation of product. Now they need to change their business model to one where they own the product in its entirety, rather than h/w only.

| Sun 27 May 2018 12:41:28 #9 |
  10. cicobuff

cicobuff

Martin Liddle - 1 day ago  » 

Theros2 - 2 hours ago  » 

I n what way (other than what they are doing) would you like them to rectify it?

Perhaps by actually admitting (considering the increasing numbers of users experiencing this problem) there is an inherent fault and offering free repair or replacement.

Good experience with customer service....NAD - Fully replaced a CD Player with inherent front panel unresponsive button fault.

Bad experiences, the whole Indesit/Whirlpool tumble dryer debacle and Humax flatly denying there is an inherent fault and offering replacements at a cost or worse in Humax case not offering a repair.

| Tue 29 May 2018 9:48:22 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.