My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

machine non responsive

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

old grumpy

My Humax 1800T purchased jan 2015, not connected to the internpet,connecteds to tv by hdmi,has started to not change from the red standby by either the remote control or the button on the machine front.The solution is to power off at the mains and then try again.This has happened 3 times , so the last time I left the machine on with the blue light , and just switched the tv off.However this made no difference, as when tv turned on no response from the Humax. So solution was to again power off and on.This seems to happen at random

| Thu 26 Mar 2015 19:37:21 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Given how new it is and the title of your post, I'd be tempted to put a DNR notice on it and return to store.

| Wed 1 Apr 2015 23:18:40 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

old grumpy

Hi, thanks for the response, it sounds a bit drastic to return . Snags are it took me ages to download the software update, and Sainsburys where I bought it in the January sales, do not have any in stock, and I would miss being without one.Will see how often it plays up , since reporting the problem it has behaved itself.Thanks anyway for your thoughts

| Fri 3 Apr 2015 10:50:06 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

If the problem re-emerges you might want to consider a factory reset, see if that helps.

| Fri 3 Apr 2015 10:59:00 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

old grumpy

Hi, doing a reset do you loose your recordings, and do you have to retune for the tv channels. Assume does not affect the software update I had to apply.

| Fri 3 Apr 2015 11:30:51 #5 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

A reset will not delete recordings, and does not affect software version.

It will delete scheduled timers and reset any other user settings you may have altered. A retune is part of the rest procedure.

| Fri 3 Apr 2015 12:35:10 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

old grumpy

Thanks for your prompt reply,will heed your advice if have future problems.

| Fri 3 Apr 2015 15:34:08 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.