My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

Maintenance Mode

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

lyppy

I've had my T1010 box for 2 weeks and I gate it. My old a Humax was fabulous until it died! I has every possible channel. This horrible box will only find 60 channels (not including internet channels) and is missing channels that I actually watch. I have recordings on it I want to keep. And looking on the forum there us a Maintenance mode online for an older model. I cannot get into this at all. I switch if the back, switch on, press the middle button at 9 o'clock, get asked if I want to enter maintenance but whatever I press, be it 12,3,6,9 o'clock or dead centre the box just starts up as normal. I want to reset saving my recordings. How do I get into maintenance mode? What am I doing wrong?

| Thu 3 Jul 2014 23:37:50 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

lyppy

Sorry for the spellings. Should've checked before posting! Bloody auto correct!

| Thu 3 Jul 2014 23:39:00 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

If you can't get into Maintenance Mode following the instructions at http://videos.youview.com/support/maintenance_mode.pdf (but allowing for the fact that on the T1010 the volume controls are on the big central button), the box is probably a goner. Since you hate the T1010 (a judgment with which I largely concur), rejoice in its early failure, accept the sacrifice of the recordings, and return it to the retailer for a replacement or a better model.

Would be my advice.

| Fri 4 Jul 2014 7:44:33 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

lyppy

My main issue is that after having a brilliant Humax which found all the channels, my youvirw only found 14. (Not including internet channels). I have kind of sorted the problem. I removed the HDMI cable, went back to the old fashioned Scart lead, rescanned and found 88 channels. I am still missing some channels but they are ones I don't watch.
    The last remaining problem now is my signal strength seems to only be between 10% to 23% so I am losing done recordings. I don't understand why my old box had no problems but my new one has.
    FYI I have an outside aerial plus a box thingy in the attic which has all the TVs plugged into.

| Fri 4 Jul 2014 9:00:17 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

I don't understand why my old box had no problems but my new one has.
    The YouView boxes are part Humax, part YouView. It was quite buggy when launched. Due perhaps in part to the rows and disagreements between the YouView partners, not enough attention has been paid to fixing the bugs.

| Fri 4 Jul 2014 9:10:49 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.