My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » The Lounge

Maintenance On Transmitter Masts?

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Minstrel SE

special member

Hi

Winter Hill have again casually noted maintenace and a weak signal. I wondered if digital UK have a moral and legal duty to tell me exactly what work is being carried out and to do it as quickly as possible.

After working fine for months Ive lost my PSB 3, DVB T2 signal again to the intermittent problems caused by weak or no signal. The only parameter that has changed is reports of maintenance.

I find this frustrating as the web sites should report exactly what channels may be affected, why and where.

The information is so limited that I assume they dont want to really inform anyone.The work seems to take weeks. I wonder why DVB T2 is the only one affected and why maintenance is needed this often?

Im actually pretty annoyed about it as there seems to be no information procedure or direct contact for complaints. I cant think of any other service where they are doing maintenance and I can whistle for it without compensation. Obviously with a maintenance marker its the first point of call in a fault diagnosis.

Any comments please
    Best wishes to everyone on the forum

| Fri 2 Jun 2017 16:56:09 #1 |
  2. FenderBender

FenderBender

administrator

I get my signal from Winter Hill, and for the past few months a few SD channels have been breaking up. Sometimes so badly that its unwatchable. The worst affected is BBC1/2/4 SD.

I thought it was because we have had high pressure over us for a while, but it has been going on for a bit now.

| Fri 2 Jun 2017 17:44:16 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

FenderBender - 2 hours ago  » 
    I get my signal from Winter Hill, and for the past few months a few SD channels have been breaking up. Sometimes so badly that its unwatchable. The worst affected is BBC1/2/4 SD.
    I thought it was because we have had high pressure over us for a while, but it has been going on for a bit now.

Winter Hill (Granada) is currently reported as having engineering work giving weak signals.

http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/operations/planned_engineering_works

| Fri 2 Jun 2017 20:42:16 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.