My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Majority of channels lost

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

gordonhorwich

Since yesterday morning, my FVP-5000T has lost the majority of channels including all HD and also ITV/C4/C5 on SD. Total detection is 28 TV plus 21 radio.
    I have done a full default channel search and checked for any cabling issues.
    I have looked at the freeview status checker but that is unable to return a response when I submit my location (Gtr Manchester/Lancashire border).
    Also noticed signal test came back showing no signal when checked about 3 hours ago and now has improved to 44% strength, 100% quality but channel search still produces the same 49 total.
    Has anyone ideas how to fix (I am reasonably tech savvy, having a near 40 years + degree in IT industry}.
    From my background, it seems that Humax products (also had a 9300T) are poor yet also appear to be the best of a bad bunch based on what I have read elsewhere!

| Sun 9 Aug 2020 23:42:13 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

gordonhorwich - 9 hours ago  » 
    Since yesterday morning, my FVP-5000T has lost the majority of channels including all HD and also ITV/C4/C5 on SD. Total detection is 28 TV plus 21 radio.
    I have looked at the freeview status checker but that is unable to return a response when I submit my location (Gtr Manchester/Lancashire border).
    Also noticed signal test came back showing no signal when checked about 3 hours ago and now has improved to 44% strength, 100% quality but channel search still produces the same 49 total.

If you connect the aerial lead feeding the Humax direct to the TV do you get a full range of channels? When you did a full channel search did you have the Smart option set? If so try again with it off.

| Mon 10 Aug 2020 9:54:11 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

gordonhorwich - 10 hours ago  » 
    Has anyone ideas how to fix (I am reasonably tech savvy, having a near 40 years + degree in IT industry}.
    From my background, it seems that Humax products (also had a 9300T) are poor yet also appear to be the best of a bad bunch based on what I have read elsewhere!

Welcome to our forum.

EDIT cross posted with Martin.

Do you have a TV with a Freeview tuner ? If so what does that show if you remove the aerial from the 5000T and connect it to the TV ?

| Mon 10 Aug 2020 9:55:59 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

gordonhorwich

Just to update, we managed get back to a partial service with most of the channels we watch last Saturday. Found a rarely used tv with indoor arial,which successfully retuned, then used the indoor arial with Humax box and after a three goes got sufficient to be usable (but still missing BBC1 on SD or Red Button)
    Will have another go when it looks like service has settled down to something like normal. This is a great example of how not to do Change and Release Management.

| Tue 18 Aug 2020 15:17:22 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.