My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Broadcast, Internet, Media

Manhattan to bring out Freeview Play STBs

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Competitively priced, allegedly.

Leading set-top box brand Manhattan has become the latest manufacturer to throw their weight behind Freeview Play – a new generation of internet-connected TVs and set-top-boxes which includes a scroll-back TV guide linked to popular catch-up players.
    First announced last year, the service will compete against YouView and Freesat’s Freetime which already offer integrated access to BBC iPlayer, ITV Player, 4oD and Demand 5.

http://www.seenit.co.uk/manhattan-joins-growing-list-of-freeview-play-manufacturers/

| Wed 24 Jun 2015 10:00:53 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

festus

Had a Manhattan Plaza Freesat pvr and with the problems I had with it from the word go promptly sent it back. It failed to record on a number of occasions and would not work all the time from the remote. Even with the recent trouble with the latest software download with the HDR1000 machine I still think Humax units are the best, although I think Panasonic give them a run for their money.

| Wed 24 Jun 2015 17:18:00 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

If the Manhattan boxes are significantly lower in price than the Humax FP box, that will be a useful boost for Freeview Play. Especially the non-recording model. Nice prezzie for grannie.

| Wed 24 Jun 2015 17:29:13 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.