My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

Manual for Connections

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pugliese

Just bought a T1010 1Tb and am after a manual to get the connections right to my receiver/plasma monitor.

Looked at the FAQ on this forum but link is broken and could not find a download option on the Humax website.

Can anyone help?

| Tue 25 Jun 2013 11:07:42 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

Thank you for raising the FAQ problem, I have amended the FAQ to a direct download from the Youview website.

The user guide is very basic though and does not detail connections.

Perhaps if you detail what connections are available on your monitor someone can advise.

Link to support section on YV website

| Tue 25 Jun 2013 11:22:49 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pugliese

Thanks Barry.

The monitor is an old Hitachi Plasma but still has very good picture quality. It was pre HDMI but has a digital DVi input for which I have an adapter. Had a nightmare setting it up with Youview box as its default output is 1080p and the Hitachi will only run with a 1080i signal - so how do you access the setup screen if you can't see it? - Answer - nick son's LG LCD TV! Mind you took a few hours to figure that out.

Anyway proposed connections are HDMI from YV to Monitor. Scart on YV can be connected direct to Onkyo receiver for sound but will that give me high quality sound or would I be better off connecting the optical from YV to Receiver

| Tue 25 Jun 2013 11:42:55 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Pugliese - 1 hour ago  » 
    Anyway proposed connections are HDMI from YV to Monitor. Scart on YV can be connected direct to Onkyo receiver for sound but will that give me high quality sound or would I be better off connecting the optical from YV to Receiver

Scart only carries analogue audio so you will lose the capability to use 5.1 audio when carried by the HD channels. You will have to use a toslink (digital audio) connection to access anything with more than two audio channels.

| Tue 25 Jun 2013 12:57:33 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.