My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HD

"Manual Tune" compared to "Freesat Tune"

(4 posts)
  1. paulrichardson

paulrichardson

Hi Guys,

Just obtained a Foxsat HD box (to run alongside my HDR1000S).

What happens if I do a Manual Tune?

Will I loose all the Freesat Channels that I got when I did the initial Freesat tune?

Obviously I have no instructions, but am having fun with it so far.

Regards,

Paul

| Thu 30 Nov 2017 16:49:56 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi Paul

Manual tune puts you in non-freesat mode (effectively a generic FTA sat receiver). It doesn't affect your freesat channels. It lets you watch fta channels from any satellite group you have a dish pointing at. In your case that would be 28.2E though you can add an extra offset lnb to say get 19.2E at the same time you connect the two lnbs using a special diseqc switch the box can control.

There is no epg other than now/next and the box allocates channel numbers starting at 5000 in the order the box scans them in. You can edit these afterwards.

TBH there's not much at 28.2E that's not on your epg unless you fancy using other ITV regions.

If you fancy scanning then choose FTA only (No point in adding 100's of channels you can't watch because they are encrypted.

Here's the list all 516 of them

http://en.kingofsat.net/freqs.php?&pos=28.2E&standard=All&ordre=freq&filtre=Clear

Once scanned you will be in non-freesat mode with an extra menu option to return to freesat mode.

It's more useful with it's sister box the Foxsat-HDR because you can manually record HD and it's not encrypted as it's free from the restrictions imposed by the Freesat epg.

If you don't want to scan all of them you can look at the list and add just the transponders you fancy by selecting the transponder(s) from the drop down list and add any missing using the add transponder options. All the details you need are at the top of each transponder in the KOS list.

| Thu 30 Nov 2017 17:06:59 #2 |
  3. paulrichardson

paulrichardson

Hi Chris,

Sorry I've been "MIA" for a while.

At present I have my HDR1000S running alongside my Sky box (Sky got me back with a special price of £11.00 a month for the entertainment pack), so my Quad LNB is now fully utilised.

I still have my Foxsat HD box and I would love to put it to some use.

I wondered if you had any brilliant ideas how I could use it, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards,

Paul

| Fri 30 Mar 2018 16:50:09 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

paulrichardson - 47 minutes ago  » 
    Hi Chris,
    Sorry I've been "MIA" for a while.
    At present I have my HDR1000S running alongside my Sky box (Sky got me back with a special price of £11.00 a month for the entertainment pack), so my Quad LNB is now fully utilised.
    I still have my Foxsat HD box and I would love to put it to some use.
    I wondered if you had any brilliant ideas how I could use it, any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Regards,
    Paul

Change the lnb for a octo.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LNB-OCTO-SKY-NEW-8-WAY-LATEST-2017-MK4/263370077136?epid=5006861532&hash=item3d521473d0:g:0nwAAOSwnTdaKBW2

| Fri 30 Mar 2018 17:38:47 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.