My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

media button not working and tv guide

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ellie

I have a few issues that are probably linked to one another. The TV programme listings are not appearing for all channels, now my media button has stopped working and even when off and not recording/nor about to record the fan keeps running. I have tried others suggestions of turning it off, unplugging it for 10minutes (this caused the media button to stop working!).

| Tue 10 Feb 2015 21:55:28 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ellie

Someone suggested a channel rescan, this appears to have worked.

| Wed 11 Feb 2015 18:38:16 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Einstein40

You are not alone!
    In the last couple of weeks I have noticed exactly the same. I rescanned which fixed the EPG issues but am still having problems with the remote. The buttons felt slow / unresponsive (particularly media and guide) and weren't improved by new batteries. I suspected a remote fault and looked into replacing it. Have had bad experiences with some of the budget alternatives in the past so was about to shell out £30 for a genuine Humax only to find there is a "national shortage".
    This would suggest to me that there is a software issue as everyone seems to have been having the same problem as us and has had the same idea?!?!
    Is there anyone else out there with the same problem? Weight of numbers may confirm a cause and / or solution? I have also posted on a different thread re done recording / sound issues ... could the 2 be related?

| Sun 15 Feb 2015 23:16:01 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.