My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Media button, nothing !

(7 posts)
  1. fergiet

fergiet

When I press the media button no recordings come up. If I power the box down then on again it's fine.

Any suggestions?

| Tue 1 Mar 2016 14:05:58 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Long standing issue I'm afraid. It doesn't do this all the time with my 2000T though it did have a spell of doing it nearly every night about a month ago. I can tell you from experience it's also an intermittent issue with the HDR 1000s.

The cure is always the same i.e. disconnect the Humax from the power, wait about ten minutes then reconnect and re-boot. You should find it's then okay for a while before the issue surfaces again.

| Tue 1 Mar 2016 15:51:50 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bluebirdie

I have hdr 2000t and had the same problem, but it also would not show the data storage button, when i was trying to check the disc. After we switched it off and on. I could see the "data storage button" and did a disc check,it reported a unknown error problem. We tried a disc format, it reported another error and I now have 0 bytes available and 0 bytes used. We are currently trying another reformat which is currently still showing "processing" after 2 hours. We dont know what to do now.

| Tue 1 Mar 2016 16:40:13 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Bluebirdie - 1 minute ago  » 
    I have hdr 2000t and had the same problem, but it also would not show the data storage button, when i was trying to check the disc. After we switched it off and on. I could see the "data storage button" and did a disc check,it reported a unknown error problem. We tried a disc format, it reported another error and I now have 0 bytes available and 0 bytes used. We are currently trying another reformat which is currently still showing "processing" after 2 hours. We dont know what to do now.

I would pull the plug - literally and wait for around 15 mins then reconnect. If you have wiped your recordings then on reconnection I would carry out a factory reset and start over. That should cure your problems.

| Tue 1 Mar 2016 16:43:25 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bluebirdie

Thanks for the advice.
    It had already powered itself off when we got back to it.
    We pulled the plug and when we turned it back on it was back to how it had been before we did the re-format. All my recordings were there.
    So the reformat failed.

It is all looking good at the moment, it is recording stuff again.
    very confusing!

| Tue 1 Mar 2016 18:28:53 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

When mine goes on my 2000T, I only turn my one off at the mains for about 1 minute and when I turn it back on all the recordings are displayed again. I think in most cases you only have to wait for the hard drive to stop, then when you turn it back on it starts from scratch reloading the disk information.

| Tue 1 Mar 2016 21:53:10 #6 |
  7. fergiet

fergiet

My reconditioned 1800T freeview box is going back to Humax. Not sure if I should get the same again or go for a YouView T2000?
    Already have an Amazon FireTV so the streaming side is taken care of.

Just wondered which is best on a daily basis? Reliability/EPG/ease of use ?

Any suggestions/help welcome.

| Sat 5 Mar 2016 16:43:18 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.