My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Media list icons

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

NickRich

There are two icons which appear against recordings in the media list which are puzzling me and and I can't find in the manual.

1. G on a grey background
    2. Enc on an orange background.

Can anyone tell me what they mean please? Thanks

| Tue 3 Jul 2012 10:09:38 #1 |
  2. myhumax

myhumax

senior admin

1. Programme has Guidance (warnings such as strong language, sexual content, violence)
    2. Recording is encrypted (usually recording of HD channels, cannot be copied off to USB drive)

| Tue 3 Jul 2012 10:28:31 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

son_t - 9 minutes ago  » 
    1. Programme has Guidance (warnings such as strong language, sexual content, violence)
    2. Recording is encrypted (usually recording of HD channels, cannot be copied off to USB drive)

Doesn't the HDR FOX T2 allow a single archive copy of HD content like the Foxsat-HDR ?

| Tue 3 Jul 2012 10:39:09 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

grahamlthompson - 11 minutes ago  » 
    Doesn't the HDR FOX T2 allow a single archive copy of HD content like the Foxsat-HDR ?

You can take as many archive copies as you like but they remain encrypted and can only be played on the box where the recording was made.

| Tue 3 Jul 2012 10:52:39 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

NickRich

Thanks for the quick response. So if I wanted to keep a copy of a recording, say on DVD, I would need to record it non HD?

| Tue 3 Jul 2012 10:56:12 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

NickRich - 2 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks for the quick response. So if I wanted to keep a copy of a recording, say on DVD, I would need to record it non HD?

Correct if you wanted to use the original digital data. You could of course use a DVDR to record a HD programme in SD to a DVD.

You couldn't burn HD content to DVD without downscaling it anyway. DVD-Video only supports 576i (720 x 576 max)

| Tue 3 Jul 2012 11:00:11 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Martin Liddle - 7 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 11 minutes ago  » 

You can take as many archive copies as you like but they remain encrypted and can only be played on the box where the recording was made.

That makes sense, the copy once restiction always seemed a bit daft. After all once you have a copy on usb you can copy the copy ad infinitum

| Tue 3 Jul 2012 11:01:27 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

NickRich - 45 minutes ago  » 
    So if I wanted to keep a copy of a recording, say on DVD, I would need to record it non HD?

There are restrictions on what can be discussed on this Forum so you might want to pop over to hummy.tv.

| Tue 3 Jul 2012 11:43:38 #8 |
  9. chrisdaniels

chrisdaniels

special member

There is a blog post about it on this very site..
    http://myhumax.org/blog/?p=364

| Tue 3 Jul 2012 11:55:32 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

NickRich

Thanks for the information. I'm used to being able to transfer recordings to DVD on an old Panasonic box. Looks like this is going to be a bit more involved now, but there's plenty of disc space on the Humax so perhaps I won't need to bother.

| Tue 3 Jul 2012 19:36:28 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.