My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Media streaming Windows 7 Ultimate

(1 post)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

tgilbert

I have a Humax HDR-7500T which I think is essentially the same as the Fox HDR T2 1GB Freeview box? I am trying desperately to get it to stream video and audio from my Windows 7 Ultimate X64 PC via the LAN, but keep hitting a wall.

I finally have a reliable LAN connection between the two, although there is no physical LAN connection where the Humax PVR lives. Using Ethernet over Power (EOP) and a switch the Humax now has an IP address in the LAN and I can see it as an FTP server from the PC.

There are two other devices on the LAN - a Windows 7 Professional 32-bit PC and a Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit laptop. The Humax can see both of these as potential media shares (but they have no sharable media on them). But for some odd reason it refuses to see the X64 PC which has all the media shares on it. It appeared for a few seconds the other night, then disappeared (this was before I fixed up the LAN connection which was very dodgy at that point).

I also have a uPNP device on the LAN - a GoFlex Home NAS disk - which has some of the video and audio files synced to it. The Humax can see this device and play files from it.

Where do I go from here? I have enabled media streaming on the X64 PC and the other PCs can play its media files from the shared folders - just not the Humax.

I am about to download JRiver Media Centre and see if that helps, but I don't know that it will resolve the visibility issue.

There is another possible symptom here that I should mention. When I select "Network" from the Humax, it takes about two minutes before anything gets displayed. So there may be some network resolution issue as well. Not sure how to troubleshoot that.

| Wed 27 Feb 2013 1:13:50 #1 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.