My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Mendip TX Problems

(3 posts)
  1. michaelangelo

michaelangelo

Did anyone out there in the ether have problems with break-up of Mendip signal on ALL channels around 9pm to 11pm on Sunday 28 May 17?

My HDR2000T runs through my Samsung UE32 TV on one aerial. I also have a Sony Bravia (without a box) running through an entirely separate aerial in a different room.

On Sunday the picture started pixelating om both TV's. I checked all cables etc but definitely no problems. It started on some of the lower signal stations (Blaze etc) but I went through all the channels/Mux on both stations with same results - even BBC1 SD. Signals were showing as 70% strength and 100% quality (same as always). Never any problems with 'cross-over' from other transmitters

This morning, Monday 29th, perfect signals on all stations.

Anyone else with problem?

| Mon 29 May 2017 11:02:48 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Minstrel SE

special member

Hi

Yes there appears to be something going on with transmitter repairs and transmission in the Granada Winter Hill region.

I use a Samsung 32" HD ready TV...I must get a TV with built in HD tuner so I can compare signals

On looking it seems they are doing work on many transmitters. I will assume that they like to get up there in the milder weather.

I get 73 % strenght 100% quality on PSB3 but it drops to zero pixelates or just loses picture with weak signal markers

It worked fine for months then it just seems to affect the DVB T2 Group. Its mighty annoying as nothing seems to have changed here.

At the moment its either them, the aerial has been knocked off alignment or the Humax box is faulty. As they are reporting a possible weak signal I cant move on to another stage of fault finding.

| Sat 17 Jun 2017 6:27:35 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.