My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Misleading, but suits me.

(4 posts)
  1. islandman

islandman

When you are in the process of setting up and you get to the bit where you're asked for your location, ie postcode, I always avoid giving mine and give someone else's !!!!!!!

The reason being, we live in Weymouth. If I insert our postcode, the regional TV covers the South which although includes us, but stretches up to South/East (Dover area).

We actually prefer to view South/West Region, so by inserting a postcode Plymouth for example, then we automatically receive the area, Isles of Scilly/Cornwall, area's of our choice.

Does this sound odd?, is it something you do. I know it is possible to find all the regional tv stations, but I prefer our area to arrive automatically after National News.

| Mon 12 Feb 2018 10:41:56 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

You haven't posted in a section of the forum for your particular model and also did not say which model you have.

On my Youview recorders, when I enter a postcode I do not enter the one for my location.

| Mon 12 Feb 2018 10:50:57 #2 |
  3. islandman

islandman

I will have a look and do so, thanks.

Is this what is needed:-
    Humax Foxsat-HDR ?

Now I'm floundering. In the Main Theme's, I see Foxsat -HDR, so would assume I am required to post there,? is this so, or is it that I have to enter my model within my profile, will have a look.

Admin edit: Thread moved to correct area.

| Mon 12 Feb 2018 10:53:34 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The post code you use sets up your regional channels at the lower numbers. However whatever post code you use you can move any of the bbc regional variants to the lower numbers using the customise channels option in the box menus.

You only need the first 3 characters. eg B98 works for me.

| Mon 12 Feb 2018 11:43:08 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.