My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Missed recordings

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

BlackGhost

special member

I had 4 overlapping recordings lined up in the schedule, only 2 recorded - are missed recordings common on this model? I don't think it was an EPG issue.

One other thing - if trying to set a recording and there are too many already set it obviously gives the warning and option to select which ones to cancel. What happens I'm not setting a new recording but there are series recordings/other recordings already set and and there happens to be too many recordings set for a particular time - do I get notified of this?

Cheers.

| Mon 15 Aug 2016 9:33:04 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

You should be informed when you make the reservation if there is a clash with the currently scheduled times. However especially during periods like the current olympic programmes, they can overrun or switch channels which may create clashes that are created at short notice. I don't have a 4000T but the other Humax Pvrs are set to preserve the end of programmes.

Have you by any chance got channels from different transmitters (Channel nos over 800) ? If so it can create havoc with the content accurate recording codes. The solution is to manually tune only to the best transmitter for your location.

| Mon 15 Aug 2016 11:12:19 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

BlackGhost

special member

Thanks, no I've done the single transmitter/manual tuning thing already.

This is what I'm unsure of : say I setup some series recordings for the same evening and they all get added to the schedule as all can be recorded. If the broadcast times are different the following week causing too many programmes to all record at once, do I get notified of this somehow - what does it show in the recording schedule?

On my Tivo it shows the recording schedule for each day for the next couple of weeks so with the above scenario it would show all recordings would go ahead this week but one or more would be shown as not going to record next week. I don't know how it works on the Humax. Hope that makes sense.

| Mon 15 Aug 2016 13:40:12 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Elmojo

No missed recordings are unusual. But with the multiplex channel changes for the Olympics and the coverage over running at times it might be a bad time to guess what is going on. As already said in the last reply you should get informed of clashes. But all PVR systems are being tested by the current state of broadcast fluidity. The 4000T has been good under normal circumstances however.

| Mon 15 Aug 2016 17:03:51 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

BlackGhost

special member

Thanks for the info. I'll have to see what happens in the case when clashes are created (when I'm not making a new reservation) to see if it lets me know something isn't going to record.

| Tue 16 Aug 2016 17:26:20 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

BlackGhost - 3 hours ago  » 
    I'll have to see what happens in the case when clashes are created (when I'm not making a new reservation) to see if it lets me know something isn't going to record.

The freeview specification which the FVP-4000T was built against (d-book 7) only mandates reporting clashes when booking a new recording. On Humax's previous freeview recorders they have not added to that. Some manufacturers do (e.g. Vestel) but not Humax.
    If the FVP-4000T play does then that will be a new trick to Humax freeview terrestrial recorders.

| Tue 16 Aug 2016 20:50:14 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.