My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Missing Channel Logos

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

I was hoping after the ‘official’ new firmware on the 4000 it would have solved the channel logo issue, but it still remains.

These are usually visible in the recording and timers list. They also show up in the new Hot Picks etc. area, but I would say 9 times out of 10 all I get is either a boring e.g. BBC1, dashes or just nothing.

The only way I can get them to show up is to pull the plug and they then magically appear.

Any ideas if this will get sorted as it looks great with them showing, but pretty seagull without them.

Thanks

| Mon 26 Feb 2018 12:44:30 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

AJ

Always had this problem on a 5000. Can see no pattern to it other than when box is restarted it fixes it like you say, but I stopped doing it after it became tiresome.

I last saw them on Saturday, they will come back at some point and stay for a while and go again. Router not to blame as was new in December and other TV shows logos fine. Power timer makes no difference.

I don’t turn the box on until I get home in the evening but it always would’ve recorded something first during weekdays, so EPG is always loaded. I still can’t see any pattern for days when they are there and when they are not.

| Mon 26 Feb 2018 21:01:15 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

Had the same problem last night when I turned it on with the logos missing again.

It had been on for over an hour, looked again and some of them were there and then before my very eyes they all populated. It was as if the screen had to be showing in order for them to populate.... weird!

Usually I have the energy save function set to 'on' as it prevents the box whistling in stanbdy, but last night I turned the function off so I will see if that makes any difference tonight when I turn it on.

| Tue 27 Feb 2018 9:06:32 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

Well changing the energy setting didn't make a blind bit of difference, so much for that theory

| Wed 28 Feb 2018 18:52:09 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

AJ

My logos were back tonight on switching on for the first time today. Nothing has been restarted or rebooted although it was recording a programme at the time.

| Wed 28 Feb 2018 19:59:03 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

AJ - 20 minutes ago  » 
    My logos were back tonight on switching on for the first time today. Nothing has been restarted or rebooted although it was recording a programme at the time.

It was booting from a condition where the box is fully booted, just doesn't have video and audio output. All it has to do is turn on the outputs.

If it is using accurate recording the box wakes up 15 mins before the scheduled time to watch for the broadcaster to signal the start of the programme. The epg will get populated during this period.

| Wed 28 Feb 2018 20:20:54 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

AJ

Yesterday, I was home earlier and although it wasn’t recording, it had already recorded something earlier in the day. (Currently been watching the whole run of London’s Burning which is on at 1500!)

No logos yeaterday though but maybe we are a step closer to finding out why they are disappearing.

Incidentally two days in a row I have turned it on to find the TV has no signal from the HDMI. Put the 5000 back to standby and back on again and it’s fine. Just not had that bug for a while.

| Wed 28 Feb 2018 21:30:32 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

AJ - 3 hours ago  » 

Same with mine tonight.

I always turn the Humax on when I get home around 5:30pm, but I don't actually start watching TV until 7:30pm..... last night no logos, but tonight logos.

There seems to be no pattern to it. Its a shame as when the logos are there it looks pretty slick, but without them or some of them it looks pretty shoddy!

| Wed 28 Feb 2018 23:07:16 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.