My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Missing Channels

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

MarkE

Hello,

I have a lot of channels that have disappeared. For example, channel 24, ITV4 is recognised when I tune the box however, when I select it, I get an error that says the channel is unavailable or encrypted. Now, the obvious answer might sound like I'm not getting a signal but I have one aerial that is used by 3 TVs. They all work find including the one that the box is connected to.

So I'm a bit stuck and wonder if the box has developed a fault. It's only a couple of years old. I have tried a 'Smart' retune several times but no luck. I'm trying to avoid a full retune because I think the Humax is telling me that if I go for this option, my recordings will be lost.

Has anyone else had this problem and do you know how I can fix it without replacing the box?

Many thanks,

Mark.

| Sat 8 Feb 2020 16:32:31 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

MarkE - 8 hours ago  » 
    I think the Humax is telling me that if I go for this option, my recordings will be lost.

No; it is telling you that the schedule for future recordings will be lost and will need to be reinstated; existing recordings will not be lost be any sort of tune.

| Sun 9 Feb 2020 0:48:27 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

MarkE

Thanks Martin,

I did a full retune and everything's back to normal. I appreciate your help.

Mark.

| Sun 9 Feb 2020 12:47:02 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.