My Humax Forum » WELCOME to the forums!

Missing channels

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Does anyone know what has happened to C56 off the Sutton Coldfield transmitter? I recently got the message on my LG TV (which appears with monotonous regularity) that the programme map had changed did I want to retune. I usually ignore the message but noticed some programmes were missing on the EPG. Now following the retune I no longer have C56. It's not many years ago that a number of channels moved to COM7 & 8 so I'm surprised to see C56 disappear. Signal quality is good so I'm somewhat puzzled.

| Wed 23 Sep 2020 14:46:32 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Faust - 17 mins ago  » 
    It's not many years ago that a number of channels moved to COM7 & 8 so I'm surprised to see C56 disappear. Signal quality is good so I'm somewhat puzzled.

As I understand COM8 has been discontinued. See the 20th June announcement on this link https://www.cai.org.uk/index.php/contact/news/17-dtt-freeview-updates

| Wed 23 Sep 2020 15:06:14 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Martin Liddle - 5 hours ago  » 

Faust - 17 mins ago  » 
    It's not many years ago that a number of channels moved to COM7 & 8 so I'm surprised to see C56 disappear. Signal quality is good so I'm somewhat puzzled.

As I understand COM8 has been discontinued. See the 20th June announcement on this link https://www.cai.org.uk/index.php/contact/news/17-dtt-freeview-updates

Thanks for the link. Explains the message that the programme map had changed. TBH I will be glad when COM7 shuts down too, as despite getting excellent signal off Sutton Coldfield on a wide band aerial the reception goes marginal on COM 7 & 8 every time we get high pressure weather systems.

| Wed 23 Sep 2020 21:11:52 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Faust - 3 mins ago  » 

Faust - 17 mins ago  » 

Thanks for the link. Explains the message that the programme map had changed. TBH I will be glad when COM7 shuts down too, as despite getting excellent signal off Sutton Coldfield on a wide band aerial the reception goes marginal on COM 7 & 8 every time we get high pressure weather systems.

Just means you are in the mush zone for SFN's for SC and other transmitters.

It will work for others closer to SC.

| Wed 23 Sep 2020 21:16:36 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

grahamlthompson - 13 hours ago  » 

Faust - 3 mins ago  » 

Faust - 17 mins ago  » 

Just means you are in the mush zone for SFN's for SC and other transmitters.
    It will work for others closer to SC.

Every other Mux SS 90% SQ 100% running 4 TVs off the 1 aerial, passive mast head splitter. We are at one of the highest elevations in the WM and can pick up a signal on a pan lid. One issue we had in the past was picking up reception from other transmitters e.g. The Wrekin. Not found this an issue since the aerial was changed to wideband.

| Thu 24 Sep 2020 10:40:43 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

After further research it appears we may be losing COM7 as well this November. I wonder where all the channels will go.

| Thu 24 Sep 2020 13:58:26 #6 |
  7. Trev

Trev

special member

I really thought that we were going to have 6 levels of quotes there.

| Thu 24 Sep 2020 18:45:47 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.