My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Missing Series

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

alanshaw

The series recordings are missing from the media list, but ate still on the hard drive because it is showing 88% full,

| Sat 3 Oct 2015 14:15:56 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi and welcome to our forum.

You could try switching the box off with the power switch (rear of box LHS when looking from front). Leave it for around 15 mins. If that fails to work your best plan is to install the Custom Firmware and use the filesystem check and repair option.

https://www.avforums.com/threads/media-file-server-bundle-for-the-foxsat-hdr-release-4-part-5.1829374/

| Sat 3 Oct 2015 14:33:09 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

alanshaw

Thanks . I will try the on/off first,unfortunately being almost tech illiterate I'm not sure about your second piece of advice. I will post the result.

| Sat 3 Oct 2015 16:41:35 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

alanshaw

No, switching off/rebooting didn't help I'm afraid. I'm sorry I don't really understand your second part. Where do I download your suggestion? If you mean onto the box how do I do that. Sorry, I'm a bit slow on this

| Sat 3 Oct 2015 17:29:46 #4 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

alanshaw - 11 minutes ago  » 
    No, switching off/rebooting didn't help I'm afraid. I'm sorry I don't really understand your second part. Where do I download your suggestion? If you mean onto the box how do I do that. Sorry, I'm a bit slow on this

Follow the link Graham supplied (underlined) - click on it and read.

| Sat 3 Oct 2015 17:41:55 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

alanshaw - 9 minutes ago  » 

Full instructions to download and install the software are at the thread I linked to. Basically you use a usb memory stick in the same way as you manually update the standard software.

Note your Foxsat must be connected to your home network and you must have a PC/Tablet etc on the same network (anything with a Web Browser).

If you do manage to recover the hard disk, suggest it's time to fit a new one.

| Sat 3 Oct 2015 17:44:08 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.