My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Missing the end - even the Olympic ceremony

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

nicolix

We have a HDR Fox T2. Every now and again, with big disappointment, we miss the end of a recording because it stopped too early.

Last night though it was too bad. This time we set a spontaneous recording, so not bond to any time limits, just... till the end.
    This morning all the family was on the sofa looking at the end of the olympic ceremony and just before the torch was due to enter the stadium the recording stopped. What is the point, I wonder, to record a program if you cannot rely on the fact that you will see the end? I remember this aspect was very well advertised when this model was released.

If it wasn't that it is so difficult to find a good digibox, this would be a reason good enough for me to chuck this Humax in the bin and forget Humax forever.

Instead I am writing here hoping that somebody has experienced the same problem and have some words of encouragement or technical tips. SW version: FHTCP 1.02.28, Loader version: a7.30 Update date: 26 May 2012.

| Sat 28 Jul 2012 9:16:20 #1 |
  2. myhumax

myhumax

senior admin

Don't tell me that. We are watching the Opening Ceremony now... Would be gutting if the end is cut off!

Started watching the build up and realised that it was too short, but now understand why the BBC split the recording into two parts...

The start and end of recording is controlled by the broadcasters (this one is the under the BBC control) so it is not the HDR FOX T2's fault! If it does cut off, I will see if it is the same on the Freesat box (as I also set that to record).

| Sat 28 Jul 2012 9:32:27 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum nicolix

Recorded fine for me BBC1 HD - recording length 232 minutes for the actual ceremony, the countdown programme on before 122 minutes.

Set from the EPG

| Sat 28 Jul 2012 10:02:32 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

ikon

We had the same problem, the recording which was set manually to catch just the end of the ceremony stopped just as the cauldron was being lit.

We also have a number of regular problems:

Recently we have had a number of recordings set through the programme listings which have also ended early.

The unit is very slow to respond to the remote (we always use with the front cover down). Sometime the delay is frustratingly long, then it will pick up and work more or less OK to complete an action, or it may slow down again. There is no consistency in this.

Sometimes the remote fails to work at all, although I have found that if I press 'exit' a couple of times it does generally get going.......eventually.

The picture is good in HD and SD but the operation and failure to complete recordings creates massive frustration.

I am thinking of selling and buying a Samsug SMT-S7800 unit to match our Samsung TV. Has anybody got experience of the Samsung?

| Sat 28 Jul 2012 10:27:48 #4 |
  5. myhumax

myhumax

senior admin

Just fast forwarded to the end (got a bit boring with the country athletes parade) and nothing is missing! Hurrah!

I have two recordings of the Olympics Ceremony:

Olympics Countdown at 122 mins and Olympics 2012: Opening Ceremony at 232 mins, both on BBC One HD and recorded on the HDR-FOX T2.

All seems fine with my Humax! (v1.02.28 firmware with a7.30 loader)

| Sat 28 Jul 2012 10:40:32 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

nicolix - 1 hour ago  » 
    We have a HDR Fox T2. Every now and again, with big disappointment, we miss the end of a recording because it stopped too early.
    Last night though it was too bad. This time we set a spontaneous recording, so not bond to any time limits, just... till the end.

If by spontanous recording you mean an instant recording made by pressing the record button then the recording will finish at the scheduled time currently in the epg. Accurate Recording which allows the broadcaster to extend the recording beyond the epg scheduled time only works if you set a recording from the epg using OK and then only if you don't have any autopadding set.

If you press the record button a second time you can extend the recording time manually to ensure you get the end.

| Sat 28 Jul 2012 11:05:14 #6 |
  7. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Accurate Recording worked fine on my 9200, the recording ending correctly at the beginning of the following programme at 00:52. I was wondering if Instant Recording worked the same on the HDR as it does on the SD machines, that is ending at the scheduled time.

| Sat 28 Jul 2012 11:56:52 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

jonwade

Me too. Was watching it with the kids this morning, recording stopped at the point where they were about to light the flame!

I add an extra 5 minutes to the end of recordings.

| Sat 28 Jul 2012 13:22:34 #8 |
  9. Biggles

Biggles

special member

jonwade - 18 minutes ago  » 
    Me too. Was watching it with the kids this morning, recording stopped at the point where they were about to light the flame!
    I add an extra 5 minutes to the end of recordings.

Presumably then you didn't use Accurate Recording, if you had then you wouldn't have missed the end.

| Sat 28 Jul 2012 13:42:49 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.