My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Modding the Skin

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

ZeroRam

Is it possible to mod the skin of the standard HDR (OK of course it is but has anyone out there done it :)) What I'm looking for is for example removing the time line when on paused during a replay - the green bar with the % of the remaining replay is a pain when you are trying to see the data/screen behind the bar - reducing the transparency to 25% does not help (10% might), just the word "Pause" is enough you only need to look at the box for the details.

I'm OKish with modding using files, FTP, XML, text et al and prepared to do a factory reset if it all goes Pete Tong (otherwise known as t*ts up).

I've modded my XBMC to suit my needs and would love to do the same making this box as I like it.

Just as an aside - big ups to Raydon, mogie etc for the insight and software to actually get to the insides of the software.

BTW first post - be kind

| Sat 10 Sep 2011 16:24:59 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

Pressing 'exit' will remove the timebar

| Sat 10 Sep 2011 17:14:34 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

AFAIK, No one has actually attempted to modify the Humax software. That would be a very large task requiring vast understanding of how it is all put together. The Mods (addons) which exist simply add startup scripts for new server (and other) functions which exist anlongside the Humax settop application. These provide functions some of which no doubt Humax will provide in later generations.

| Sat 10 Sep 2011 17:30:50 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

ZeroRam

Barry - best and quickest "mod" going, press exit - yep that does it! thanks

REPASSAC - thanks for that info, I've got most of the mods in use now, all give great additional access/functionality to the box, so it seems I may have to delve into the box myself and see what I can find out - I may be gone some time!

| Sat 10 Sep 2011 21:10:39 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

raydon

special member

ZeroRam - 1 day ago  »  .... so it seems I may have to delve into the box myself and see what I can find out - I may be gone some time!

There are no separate images as such for the HDR's GUI. All images are stored in large library files in Humax's own proprietary format. These files can be found in the /usr/image folder. They would need to be decoded, modified, re-encoded, then a new firmware built to include the mods. Sure you still want to go there ?

| Sun 11 Sep 2011 21:30:28 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

ZeroRam

Hmm, OK so this maybe a bit (well a lot) more than I expected, but I might just have a play for the hell of it and see what can be done with it, I can always factory reset - I think

| Mon 12 Sep 2011 18:14:29 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.