My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Most of Channels Lost

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

bwtaylor

A friend of mine in Annecy France has a problem with his Foxsat HDR box. On trying to watch the majority of channels he gets the screen message-
    "Cannot receive this programme. Please check connection"
    I had assumed that he could no longer receive the Astra 3E channels following the tightening of the beam in February 2014 but the system had been working after that date.
    Also, I have just arrived in France and am more than 100 kilometres south of Annecy and am getting perfect reception on my Foxsat HDR with strength and quality showing more than 70% on both SD and HD.
    Can anyone throw any light on the error message?

| Tue 16 Jun 2015 16:42:27 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

There could be any number of reasons. Dish has moved, lnb impeding failure, water ingress into the coax cables and corroded connections.

He may have lost contact with the Freesat home transponder. Using manual tune get him to check transponder 11428 H (it may be labelled 11428 H ). Without reception the channel database will get progressively out of date.

Note this transponder (Eurobird 1) is due shortly to move to one of the Astra 2 satellites and will change frequency.

He could also try a full manual tune and see how many non-freesat channels he can get. This would allow the checking of some transponders which may contain a clue as to the problem.

Note looking at a UK spot beam reception map suggests that an 80cm dish may be required for Chamonix which isn't that far from Annecy.

Welcome to our forum.

| Tue 16 Jun 2015 17:11:49 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Can you post dish details / install details please / channel's lost.

| Tue 16 Jun 2015 20:25:11 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.