My Humax Forum » WELCOME to the forums!

motors tv channel 240

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

grp4

Since motors tv was dropped from channel 71, it is now only streamed on channel 240.
    But it seems that I can no longer record the streamed programs.
    If I do schedule a program, it does attempt to record but the saved recording contains nothing.
    Is it me or has someone found a work around.
    Many thanks for any replies.

| Tue 16 Feb 2016 12:07:16 #1 |
  2. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin

special member

I don't think you can record the streamed channels: its called progress! You might be able to record by connecting the scart or composite cables to an external unit (DVD or HDD recorder): you should be able to wake up the box and select the correct channel by scheduling a reminder. However, this may depend on your model. I'm not sure if the reminder function works in the same way on all units. Also, some models may inject copy protection signals into the scart and composite outputs: I think the YouView boxes do this.

| Tue 16 Feb 2016 12:43:02 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

You could try a test first by as MontysEvilTwin says, connect it via Scart or composite to a VCR or DVD recorder and see if you can record from it, if so use the schedule or leave the box on and timer program the DVD/VCR to come at the right time.

| Tue 16 Feb 2016 13:45:27 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

grp4

I forgot to say
    its the FVP-4000T

| Tue 16 Feb 2016 16:10:53 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

MontysEvilTwin - 8 hours ago  » 
    I don't think you can record the streamed channels: its called progress!

I think you're right. If I'm not mistaken, MotorsTV is streamed using MHEG-IC, same as VuTV which used to offer a bunch of lowcost streamed channels on Freeview but closed last year. Seenit said at the time:

Limitations in the streaming technology used by Freeview devices meant that, unlike the internet channels offered by BT and TalkTalk, programmes could not be paused, rewound or recorded.

http://www.seenit.co.uk/pay-tv-platform-vutv-announces-closure/

| Tue 16 Feb 2016 21:29:42 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.