My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Other Humax Products

Moved country

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Adam

Having recently arrived in Australia with our pvr9000t (from the UK) whilst we can view recorded programs and the aerial works through the humax it can't find any channels. Has anyone got a clue as to whether I'm barking up the wrong tree in thinking it could act as a digital receiver in a different country?

| Mon 13 Feb 2012 13:35:56 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

adam - 1 hour ago  » 
    Has anyone got a clue as to whether I'm barking up the wrong tree in thinking it could act as a digital receiver in a different country?

Digital transmission standards are different in different countries; I don't know the exact position with Australia but my starting point when moving country would be to assume it won't work and be pleasantly surprised if it does work. You might research whether there was an equivalent Humax model for the Australian market and if so whether it is possible to fool your box into using the Australian software (NB this a very risky strategy as if the hardware is different you will render your box useless).

| Mon 13 Feb 2012 15:19:45 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Don't treat this as gospel, last time is was in Perth DVB-T was on VHF and 7K mode. The UK uses UHF 8K mode. I have read reports that only Topfield pvrs can be reflashed with the appropriate local firmware. Toppies are Aussie based.

| Mon 13 Feb 2012 20:24:08 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.